Default Finding Interior Parts - My "New" Volvo

I'm back, finally got out of the early '90s with my 4th Volvo (previous 204, 740 Turbo, 940).
    My mom's cousin sold me her lightly used 2002 XC70 last week: garage kept, 76000 miles (after my drive from FL to TX). Now the fight is on to keep the car out of my wife's hands.
    For the most part she is in fantastic shape (wife and car, but referring to car in this instance). She does need the following things inside:
    the shifter button is taped onto/into the stick
    the center console hinge system is broken (can't open or it falls apart)
    the rear view mirror is internally fogged to the point of near uselessness
    What's the best place to buy parts like these?
    I see that IPD has the shifter button once I figure out which one I need (I think it is the one without the metal rod), but don't know where to look besides, perhaps, ebay for other parts.
    Help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by zotparkerm View Post
    the rear view mirror is internally fogged
    The self dimming rear view mirror has the Upper electronic module (that is programmed to your car only) stuck to the back of the glass. Buy a used auto dim mirror - take both mirrors apart and use a wallpaper knife to cut the double sided tape holding the UEM to the glass, unsolder the two wires going to the glass, then glue and resolder the original UEM to your used glass, or purchase a manual used mirror and do the same. With a manual mirror - the glass will never go bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	7100

Shift knob I would buy new (some people just replace the button), console parts used from a junkyard. People on this board seem to recommend Erie for used parts but there are other Volvo junkyards such as Voluparts.

I might have a complete P2 shifter knob and button, I will look.
    Try Erie for a use console cover and hinge, a real nasty little job (www.erievovo.com).

You either have to buy a new rear view mirror ($$$$$) from Volvo or buy a used one from 01-02 that the glass is good, take both apart and mate the guts of yours to the new (used) glass from the one you by.
    The guts are part of the alarm and if not done right the car won't start!!!!

I think there are write ups somewhere either here or on Matthews on how to do this
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Summer: Victoria, B.C.; Winter: Sun Peaks, B.C.

You might want to Google Canada's largest Volvo auto wrecker, Chapman Motors in Cobble Hill, B.C. Right now the Canadian dollar is discounted to about 80 cents to the US dollar so everything in Canada is 20% off.

Right now the Canadian dollar is discounted to about 80 cents to the US dollar so everything in Canada is 20% off.
    It's a sale-abration here in Canada
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles