Well, just picked it up
    Full Mobil1 service, aligned it (it was WAY out after the sway bar install)!
    Installed a POLESTAR tune!
    Euro fog light software (P/N 9438237) that allows fogs with high beams (and adjusted them all the way up so they actually do something along with my Xenon low beams, and finally we deleted the annoying (to me) daytime running lights.
    That software number is the updated foglight number and should work with any 05-07 XCs in any country as long as you can find a cooperative dealer to do it in the US.

Almost done. My to do list for my own car, the list now is very small:

INSTALL REAR STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES (only had time to do the fronts last week, the rears are harder to do and time consuming).
    INSTALL FACTORY SIRIUS (paid only $50, so why not)
    INSTALL NEW RADIATOR AND BOTH HOSES (grrr)
    SWAP PASS.SEAT-CHANGE FOAM & SEAT COVERS, ADD POWER PARTS.
    My car is an oddball. An OSD car and someone apparently forgot to check off the box for a power passenger seat! So...a while ago I bought a used seat very cheap because it was dented up by some sort of object that must have always been on the seat. We need to swap the upholstery and padding over as mine seemingly has hardly ever been sat in and is like new.
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Changed oil in the diff at 255000km. Probably never done before.

The designer who dreamt up a diff with no drain plug and a fill plug too high should be sent to the naughty corner for a long time. I couldn't get hold of a mityvac or similar pump, so I used a 25ml syringe. Yes, it was slow, but the syringe was ideal for taking out 100ml after filling it.

To make it more fun, the temperature was under 8°C, wind around 20km/h and occasional rain. Most miserable car job in a long time.
    Myzomela http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Honeyeater
    1973 164 -> 1974 145+M41 -> 2001 V70XC & 1998 S40 2.0T+M56

It was my first time to replace my timing belt, belt tensioner, idler, drive belt and fog light bulbs.
    The point I want to mention here is that I broke the timing belt Tensioner center bolt (over tightening it) and had to pay $100 AUD to get the guy to use his tool (socket bolt extractor) to take it out in less than a minute.
    Then I went to local Volvo to get the new bolt for it. The Stealers tried to get me to buy the whole pack of 13 which cost around $135 AUD. They said they only sell in packs. I ended up in 2 local auto shops (Repco and autopro) nearby to find the matching bolt. Repco guy didn't give a shiz about customers asking for help but Autopro had the very helpful manager with his knowledge so he used my broken bolt to find the matching one (not 100% matched coz you can't remove the washer from Volvo's bolt). I ended up buying the set of matching washers for the pack of 4 high tensile bolts for $10.
    My Advice: don't over-tighten those bolts that you have limited space to work on AND its best to replace them every few years (mine broke coz it was too old).
    It took me so long to replace the timing belt coz the marks kept on moving. Lucky I found a trick from the video from A1 Auto to use a screw driver to stop the belt from moving and didn't have to remove the crankshaft. I came up with 1 trick to keep track of the marks on the 2 cams and 1 trick to hold the plastic cover using the adjustable spanner coz I didn't have the proper tools for those jobs.
    The timing belt was much easier than the drive belt coz it wasn't too tight and the tensioner on the drive belt was much harder/stronger (much more force to release it). I couldn't do the drive belt with the engine front and top covers ON. I had to remove them to give me the extra space to release the drive belt tensioner to the max release point.

Added coolant, replaced brake light bulb, replaced battery in remote fob, cleaned and shined her up. Hopefully, beside a oil change next week, that will be all she needs for quite a while... fingers crossed!

Just ordered 4 brand new coil springs, before we go on vacation with the new tent trailer....
    ------------------
    V70 '07 "The V"
    XC70 R - Snabb intake, RICA 2.5, EST 3" DP, R exhaust... etc etc..
    ------------------
    XC70 '05 "Grizzly" -- SOLD
    S70 '99 LPT "Blackie" -- SOLD
    S70 '98 NA "Pearly" -- SOLD
    740 '90 B230F "Rusty" -- SOLD and now DEAD
    ------------------
    and some Gibson, Fender, Marshall,... but it's another thing... !!

I did a wash, clay bar, high-speed buff on any scratches, and polish. Paint's all set for winter.

I also used rubbing compound with the high-speed buffer on the head and tail lights. What a difference.

2005 XC70 Ruby Red
    2007 V70R GT 477/Nordkap

Nothing really exciting... winter tires on (Michelin X-Ice), oil change (short story : I got a rebate card at the nearest shop (marketing gizmo), so I let them do the messy stuff that I usualy deal with, they put 0w20 oil in there as we often see -25oC/-13oF around here... when I got that info I went "jeez... I thought we couldnt go lower than 5w-30 in these white blocks... The engines seem to run healthy so far (both cars, XC and V).

Other than that, full inspection before winter months, all is solid and healthy, driveshaft doesn't have any slack/play (other than back n forth which is normal I think).
    A solid car for sure @ 130k miles. Also did a quick ATF flush (3L), as it was drained and filled completely 2 years ago (about 14k miles). nothing that much. I think the timing belt is now due, I might go for the full maintenance package (water pump and co.)
    ------------------
    V70 '07 "The V"
    XC70 R - Snabb intake, RICA 2.5, EST 3" DP, R exhaust... etc etc..
    ------------------
    XC70 '05 "Grizzly" -- SOLD
    S70 '99 LPT "Blackie" -- SOLD
    S70 '98 NA "Pearly" -- SOLD
    740 '90 B230F "Rusty" -- SOLD and now DEAD
    ------------------
    and some Gibson, Fender, Marshall,... but it's another thing... !!

Bought a Surco safari roof rack because my family needs extra cargo space especially during long trips. I chose Surco because it features tall side walls and I got a very nice offer from this shop- 4wheelonline.com.

Default Winter Boots

Was going to paint the wheels, didn't have the time and i'm sure the salt wouldn't take much time to work it's magic. Rather this the hub caps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141108_163506.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	6617
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

While doing my pre-winter inspection, I found this.

So I bought this during IPD's end of summer sale. It may be a band-aid and rust out after one winter or may hold up for a while. We'll see.

With the exhaust supported by a jack stand, I cut the other hanger and then ground the remaining welded/rusted hanger down to the stainless.

And the finished product.

2005 XC70 Ruby Red
    2007 V70R GT 477/Nordkap