Default VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image in Win 10 VM

Has anyone done this. If so which file in the VSM folder will open VM Worstation? I am totally unfamilliar with W 10 but have got as far as trying vmx.Ick, vmsd, vmsf and nothing works shows an error message " ... is corrupt". I have assumed this means the downloaded Win 10 R2.7z is corrupt. It is 7,600+ KB - so several hours worth. Will have to try again tomorrow. I also found Win 7 Ult had problems using downloads from Google Drive. It is such a pain I had to reinstall over my working Windows VM of Vida - because of driver corruption!

I'm going to assume you're using the VM Workstation Image made available through this thread:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth.../topics/481385

When I try to click on most of the files in the "VSM" Folder I get the same message that you've been getting. The one that worked is the "VIDA Service Machine.vmx" file. It's worth noting that I got errors (that were not "... is corrupt") until I enabled virtualization technology on my computer.

I can't comment on difficulties in downloading the .7z files, but will say that I was caught off guard by the split archive and getting all of that back together.

I've installed VIDA on a Windows 10 laptop using the thread provided by jman474's link. I'm using VMWare Player software. It runs pretty well for the most part. My folder is named Service Machine R2 and the file I can double-click to open VMWare Player is Service Machine R2.vmx.

It's been awhile but seems like I remember downloading the zipped file(s) was a little tricky. Rather than download one big file I had to download a handful of smaller files which were automatically "stitched" together using the 7zip utility into one 7.5 GB archive file. This executable file set up the directory Service Machine R2 with all the necessary files for the virtual machine including the .vmx file. I may have also used MEGAsync software to download the compressed files. I don't remember it taking hours and hours to download these files.

This is all my best memory from over a year ago...
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Thanks for taking the time to make comment. I read that the image was made on VM Workstation 14, so I used that but after so manny failed attempts I swaped it for VM player ( which I used before) but countless downloading and re-downloading took up so much time I haven't tried it loading the image yet. It's odly reassuring to know others are getting the corruption error. I have yet to find a way to force Google drive to use a download manager - I'm on 100mbps fiber internet connection so the downloads shouldn't be corrupt. I took myself off to walk the canals and enjoy nature, to calm a frustrated and overactive head!
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Thanks Xfingers I will try again tomorrow. MEGAsync ia an excellent suggestion.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

I wish my memory was better. I think I had a problem downloading one big executable file but a few times now I've downloaded a handful of smaller compressed files. Then I unpacked them all together using the zip utility and it automatically left me with that big executable file that will set up your directory and files. I've still got that MEGAsync software on my computer so I think I used that and I didn't have to pay anything. That was then, things may have changed. I'm running Linux OS and VMWare Player works pretty well. VirtualBox I couldn't get to work.

Good luck!
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car