Default replacing turbo return line 'O' ring and gasket

I have read every instance I can find about this task and bending the coolant pipes close to the turbo is usually mentioned but not detatchment. However, in an IPD video (on a two wheel drive) the coolant is drained and pipes detatched. Is that really necessary?
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

No. just loosen the banjo bolt and move it out of the way. An imagination and sense of humor goes a long way when working around the angle gear.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

Thanks Antherzoll I will do my best!
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Can anyone make suggestions to help with fitting new crush washers on the colant lines to turbo banjo bolts? The one that goes between the turbo flange and the banjo bolt is the real problem because access is so poor it has to be by feel/blind - fingers blocking line of sight.

Right, I answered this myself - a simple smeer of general purpose grease on the turbo face enabled me to put the washer on my finger tip and offer it up and luckily it stuck. All back together now. I will agree that this is a real PITA job and unless the oil loss is significant probably not worth the hassle and frustration, must have put in 4/5 hours over two days.