Unhappy Front Wheel Bushings

This is likely asked and answered, but I am new to the Forum. We love our 2001 XC70, and have enjoyed all 246,000+ miles we've put on it. We now apparently need to replace the bushings, because when we made a right hand turn, there is a "grabbing" sensation. We are NOT DIYers - would have to have this done at a shop. Anyone have an idea of the most economic way to approach this challenge?

Given the mileage on the car, we started looking for something newer. The AAA auto finder said we'd only get about $1000 for the Volvo, so we might just keep it and run it to the 500,000 mile mark. Thoughts?

Thanks

Dick

What is "grabbing" sensation"? Worn front lower control arm bushings makes car less stable on highway speeds.

I replaced all suspension and steering on wife's 2002 V70 (built in 2001) recently, handles like new. Definitely cheaper than buying a new car.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Buy new control arms with the bushings installed. Higher parts cost, less labour cost.

Buy new bushing and have the shop press them in. Higher labour cost, less parts cost.

If you want the same longevity as you have currently experienced then go with Volvo or equivalent parts.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

Best bet is to find a *reputable* shop in your area, and one that does Euro cars. Suspension and brake parts are cash cows for all repair shops, and if you don't know how to test for what is wrong (youtube ball joints, strut mounts, and control arm bushing tests), then you could get taken to the proverbial cleaners. It could be any of those things I mentioned, all or just one, so you want to find someone you can trust.

As for keeping the car, you probably should at this point, or consider it a safety car if you buy something else and have room for an extra. I do that. ;-)