Default How Do You Like To Treat Your XC After Winter?

I'm starting this for the fun of it.

After a long and very salty winter, how do most of you like to prep your XC for the spring/summer? Winter still has quite the grip around here, but the few day we have had where the temps have gotten above freezing has got me itching.

First thing I usually do is empty out all the accumulated garbage from various locations that I've been to lazy to throw out. Then next comes the SALT STAINS . I find a bit if vinegar mixed with water helps a lot. Spray it on the salt and let it soak, spray some more, and let it soak. Spray some and scrub.

After that it"s pretty much the regular routine of vacuuming the half a dog's worth of shedding from the back, and giving the interior a good wipe down. Taking the car to the coin-op and rinsing as much salt from everywhere that I can, even under the hood.

Can't wait for some summer roadtrips, but I'm sure we still have a bit of winter yet to come.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

For me, I'm going to take off my dedicated snows and put the OEM wheels back on (can't wait to get rid of the vibrations and poor handling from the snows). CLEAN, my car is horrible though I've taken it to the drive through car wash at least 2X this winter. I'll take it back to White Glove to have the undercarriage sprayed clean once the snow and salt is gone.

Then I have my IPD sway bars to install, a hitch, a muffler hanger, flush PS fluid, clean some more, blacken/die my trim, polish, wax..........

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Hahaha... Completely forgot about swapping tires, it feels like I've never had the winter off since I've owned my XC.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles