Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Wet Floor

Looks like I got lucky. We noticed the water right away. Pulled up the carpet 2 weeks ago and found about 2 quarts of water on the passenger side. Since then I have been riding around with no carpet on the passenger side. It has rained 3 times since then and only filled again once.
    Thanks to you guys I now have a pretty good idea what I need to do tomorrow.
    The carpet was dried in the sun for 2 days after a cleaning. It has now been hanging in the shed for the remaining portion of the 2 weeks. Hopefully all that foam will dry so I don't have moisture issues.
    Hopefully my next vehicle will be without a sunroof. Less to worry about. I don't use it anyway.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

FWIW, the following PDF might help to trace those ubiquitous sunroof leaks that are causing everyone grief to no end.

http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how...ak-xc90-03.pdf

Default Thank you

Thanks Art and the rest of you for saving me some money. Last night I took the A-pillar covers off and found both of the sound traps had so much dirt in them nothing was getting through.
    I cleaned and shortened the sound traps. Then hot water was run through the drain from the top. All is well again.
    Hopefully that is the end of the water issue. I am planning to check this every other oil change from now on.

Default A Pillars

Anything special to lookout for when removing the A Pillar?

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default A-Post Panel Removal

Default Thank You

Thanks,
    This was extremely helpful. The whole was surprisingly simple and took about 30 minutes. Tremendous solution. I really appreciate the info, as I was not looking forward to taking the problem to the dealer.

Hi

Thanks all for the very clear instructions, guides and photographs (even from other forums). I fixed this today and still can't believe how easy and fast this procedure is.
    I read the volvo procedures and on my opinion there's no need to disassemble the visors. The real problem resides on the "L" shaped pipe at the end of the A pillar.
    How did I ensure the holes in the sunroof were clean? very simple: Just dropped hot boiled water. It's the best natural degreaser. After that, just reapplied the "L" shaped pipe and that's it.

Tato_c

Ambulance chasers. They will sue because your shoe came untied.
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

Smile Easy Fix!

What a great and detailed fix. Took less than an hour for both sides. We just had 7-10 inches of rain over two days and my floor mats were puddles. Followed the directions to open up the clogged rubber ends of the tubes, flushed the lines with boiling water and I'm done.

Probably a good idea to check these lines every 6 months or so.

Great forum! Thanks for the advice!

2004 XC90 T6

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast