Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face 07 XC70 Stereo Removal

My son decided to start a new saving account in my CD player (HU650 I believe). I have returned this to the dealer for repair but they won't touch it and told me to go to a stereo shop to get it fixed. After going to the stereo shop they wanted to charge me $70 just to remove it. I figure I can do this myself but after looking at the system I was hoping for some guidance in removing the unit.

Any thoughts if my CD player will be shot now due to the change deposited in it? My feeling was that I would just be able to remove the few coins from the back......thanks in advance.

Mu daughter did this. I was able to remove it, and get all the coins out. It works great now, except I have no display lights, so I can't see what station/track I'm on.

I'll look around, and see if I can find a writeup on how to remove it. Just be sure NOT TO DISCONNECT the Climate Control Module unless you disconnect your battery first, or it'll be a $100 trip to the dealer to get the computer reset.

That is positive news. thanks for the tip re the battery.

ok heres the removal instructions off vadis for an 05 which should be the same for an 07. (my vadis only goes up to 05)

Hailing from the Majestic Rocky Mountain High
    RIP 04-08-09

Extras: Bilstein Hd's, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, K&N Air Filter
    IPD HD TCV, Stylin Motors Silicone Hoses, Silverstars, 8000k HID Fogs
    It is illegal to get this high in other states.

Need OEM Volvo Parts?
    Call Daryl Waltrip Volvo
    (800) 689-0021
    Ask for Jamie or Don

thanks for this. I will try this out and let you know how it works out.

Does this work with an HU 803 also? I think my kid stuck a quarter in there. I tried to get it out with a knife, but some white thing started coming out.

I just want my CD's back for now, and will just stick in a Pioneer once I get this beast apart.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Does this work with an HU 803 also? I think my kid stuck a quarter in there. I tried to get it out with a knife, but some white thing started coming out.

I just want my CD's back for now, and will just stick in a Pioneer once I get this beast apart.

Thanks.
    05+ are all the same
    01-04 are pretty much the same minus theres more screws in the 04 and under and the CCM and the radio come apart before they come out of the car
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

OK, even if I go to all this bother, will I be able to get my CD's back out?

I have the lower pieces off right now. Can't for the life of me figure out how to get the heater controls off without breaking something. This is such a royal pain just to get to the radio! I just want my CD's back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast