Default Stabbing the throttle

This type of stab and go results in to fairly lack luster perfromance to 60mph

if i gently push the throttle down wait a tic and stab the throttle the car goes like gang busters....

Is this the turbo acting like a turbo? lag etc?

Are you rolling? Stabbing the throttle not only doesn't give the turbo time to spool up, but will cause the transmission to downshift if you're on the highway.

Best method I've used for passing at 50-70mph speeds is to go geartronic, drop to 4th and rev to ~2500rpm, then when the passing opportunity opens, lift the throttle drop to third wait a half second and gun it. If you time it right you won't hard-shift and the revs will jump to upwards of 3000 with plenty of power on tap. Ride third to about 70 mph, lift the throttle and go back to auto.

If you're talking about line launches, go to geartronic, hold first, rev up to 2500 then punch it.

In short, the turbo doesn't provide much boost unless it has spooled. I notice the seat pressing my back harder above 2500 and below 4500 rpm, though I have no idea what the torque band looks like for these cars.

Yes, what you are probably experiencing is turbo lag. If you've never had a turbo car before it may take a little getting used to, but once you do you will be able to wring out all of the power that engine has to offer.
    2003 XC70
    BFG Mud Terrains
    IPD Aluminum Skid plate
    Curt Hitch
    Yakima Basket W/ Spare Tire Mount
    Poly Upper and Lower Motor mounts
    IPD Gauge Rings
    ETC ...........

My last turbo vehicle was this turbo bike on the left. The vehicle in the middle expelled lots of hot air and I traded her in for a younger model. the bike on the right was sold along with her.

Yeah i thought it may be turbo lag but never have really felt it in a car.