Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally i would not install these even its legal here, i would go for a set of HID upgrade, becouse its low beam thats important,
    I personally would heartily disagree with you.
    I have driving lights on my SUV that are aimed primarily at the shoulder of the road. They are aimed there so that I can see the rather large moose that tend to cross the road around here. If I see them first my chances of not wearing one increase dramatically!
    I have the lights wired so that the relay power comes from the high beam. That way I can dim the high beam and driving light with the same switch.

I want to install some driving lights on my XC70. Does anyone know if there is an factory accessory connection for them?
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

Any update on this?

I drive in backwoods Michigan, and like the Moose mentioned by Colin there are LOTS of deer year round that like to jump out in front of traffic. Having spare lamps wired to the highbeams or an aux. switch would illuminate the shoulder and beyond, giving a good warning of bounding deer from the treeline at night.

Quote Originally Posted by colovolvo View Post
    UPDATE -

I just got an email from QPax (www.qpax.se) and they said although they are not currently offering their products in the United States, they could ship me a Q-Light bar for my car and will get me pricing info next week. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by colovolvo View Post
    UPDATE -

I just got an email from QPax (www.qpax.se) and they said although they are not currently offering their products in the United States, they could ship me a Q-Light bar for my car and will get me pricing info next week. I'll let you all know what I find out.
    Please let me know of your progress...I'm looking to get a QPax bar myself....I smell a group buy! I'm sure they're giving them away with the current state of the Euro! Their price on the website converts to $880.......ouch.
    Cheers,
    Jorge
    PS- Send me a private message if you want to discuss shipping/logistics
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    HST-RIP

I would definitely be in for a G/B. and does anyone have a part # for the driving light kit?
    2003 XC70
    BFG Mud Terrains
    IPD Aluminum Skid plate
    Curt Hitch
    Yakima Basket W/ Spare Tire Mount
    Poly Upper and Lower Motor mounts
    IPD Gauge Rings
    ETC ...........

Those Q-Light bars do look very nice but for that price I would want some substantial brush bars not just a fancy light holder.

There is not really a good place to mount driving lights on the XC although I am thinking of fabricating a mount that would sit behind the grill.

I'm still wondering if I can just tap the high beam power for a driving light set relay or if there is a factory switched outlet to connect driving lights with.
    Last edited by colin; 01-15-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

And I thought Americans mounted aeroplane landing lights onto their cars!!! :P
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Architect

2001 Volvo XC70 (PJ-810)
    2007 Volvo XC70
    2001 BMW 530i Touring MSport

Past:
    1987 240GL
    1982 244GLE
    1978 245L (Manual)
    and: 1974 Triumph 2000Mk2, 1990 Renault 25TXE, 1986 Rover SD1, 1990 Peugeot 605SV, 1991 Peugeot 605SVE, 1995 Peugeot 605SV

Do you mean these?
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12