Default How to get the H7 burning with Bi-Xenon light set up??

Hello,
    I have just imported a canadian XC90 to Sweden. I have now discovered that there are a few differences in the set up´s between Euro-spec cars and North American spec cars...

As an example the highbeams in Europe uses both the H7 and Bi-Xenon lights and in Canada only the Bi-Xenon.
    I would like to convert my car so that I have the H7 burning during highbeam selection, however, the dealer told me that they needed to throw in a new set of headlight installations with new wireing...the cost approx. USD2,500. Not really what I had in mind to spend to get the H7 lights fired up that actually physically excists in my "canadian" set-up.
    When I do select the highbeams the Xenon reflector rotates the beam upwards and provides a better field of light. However I would like to modify them so that even the factory installed(!) H7 lights turns on as well to improve the highbeam.
    There must be a way of "Mickey Mouse´ing" a wiring set up to make this work. Today there are some wires conected to the H7 bulbs but I have never been able to turn them on. When should they burn?

Any ideas on how to get the H7 burning in this set-up together with the Bi-Xenons during highbeam?

Hobbe

Ummm - if the equipment is already there could it not be a matter of a VADIS setting. So much of the stuff in these cars is controlled by "software". Indeed it may be just a fuse.

The dealer "couldn't possibly comment" (a British joke...) but find a dealer's master technician who is prepared to talk to you man to man.

Be aware that Volvo takes a dim view of folks fiddling with their cars and there are so many regulations nowadays which penalise dealers if they fiddle with the kit, but there is no penalty if you DIY. The fact that you want your car to conform to European specifications is, unfortunately "neither here nor there"

There were so threads on these fora recently where NA people wanted the European standards.... Perhaps the can help.

Do a search
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)