Default 197 hp Honda Civic vs Volvo XC70

Today I saw a Honda Civic that is pushing out 197 hp. That is enough power to kick our turbo charged XC70 tail which has only 190 hp stock. All XC 70 owners ought to to something about that. Just look at it, a little Civic!! Any ideas from anyone?

Queens, New York City, United States Of America

Default Mismatch

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTCAP
    Today I saw a Honda Civic that is pushing out 197 hp. That is enough power to kick our turbo charged XC70 tail which has only 190 hp stock. All XC 70 owners ought to to something about that. Just look at it, a little Civic!! Any ideas from anyone?
    SO it might have a few more ponies,( our engines are bigger and can handle the higher power easier than the civic can plus we have more torque) but its a 1-6 or 1.8 vtec or not, to get that extra horses. that engine has to be modified for sure not saying the vtec cant handle the mods, the tranny would have to be upgraded. I have friends with civic and integra and celica, supras with turbos and they shi* is fast but usually have problem with there tranny cept the supra

But the Xc isn't a racing car 1st its a 5 door wagon that can go offroad and is AWD, and is comfy for passengers has a lot of space and room, 2nd no stick shift available 3rd way too heavy 4th suspension wouldnt be suited for racing as would the Volvo R. 5th Our cars are more sensative with comp sensors than civics for mods. 6th parts are a lot more expensive for volvos than hondas, and finally our cars aren't ricers.

Well if you want to compare the civic to XC anyway for fun can mod the xc with ecu upgrade, exhaust, downpipe, intake turbo upgrade for fun and take on a civic, but racing without a stick in a heavy car is like being in a lincoln navigator racing against nissan maxima 6spd for example*, ( Mismatch Can't be compared)

Oh PS I wouldn't want to race in a FWD at all TYVM have a nice day lol
    TyranT
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S CVT
    HID 6000k,LED'S 20% tint
    2000 Volvo V70XC AWD (SOLD)
    HID Lows/Fogs 6000k, 50%/35% tint, Dual Exhaust, Speedtuning ECU upgrade
    1997 Volvo 965 - 50%/35% tint
    1997 Nissan Altima HID 6000k/ Intake

Default I have an idea!

If you want to race ricers, buy a piece of rice! Seriously there is currently a project on Volvospeed.com where some guy is trying to push 600 hp out of Volvo 5 cyl engine and it's taken a lot of time and a lot of money. Truthfully, if you're looking for a fun car on pavement, buy something else but if you're looking for a fun car off-road, stick with your XC.
    98 XC70 150k : 2006 XC90 (In the family)
    83 245DL 172k : 2006 S60 (also not mine)
    95 855 GLT 138k

Default Civic vs XC

I was not thinking of racing, but to know that we have a superior vehicle with less ponies than them. What I want to do now is to put a personal touch to the XC. My next project is the dual exhaust. I still have the stock. I want to get that which fits the 2000 V70R. I understant that that M.Y. came with the dual from factory. Has any one been able to get one from Volvo? I understant that the one from Volvo is quieter than say the IPD ones, any truth to that?

why do you compare both vehicles? totally differnet story. I also dont think they give a crap about your station wagon neither, you are not their type. Your 190hp isnt going to run them down neither, sorry.
    98 XC
    04 Z

Default Dual Exhaust

Carlton Fisk steps up to the plate and WHAMMY! Dual exhaust info
    98 XC70 150k : 2006 XC90 (In the family)
    83 245DL 172k : 2006 S60 (also not mine)
    95 855 GLT 138k