Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: T6 versus V8

Quote Originally Posted by s_donley
    The reason the T6 is no longer going to be offered is the fact that the V8, depending on how you drive, gets as good if not better gas milage. At least that is what volvo people are telling me. I think it is a way to get more money out of people...
    Look at it this way: the XC90 was developed for the American market which likes V8s in its SUVs. The T6, Volvo's largest engine until now, was just a stopgap until the V8 could be developed. Also, the T6 took up most of the width of the engine compartment, leaving few options for the transmission. IOW, the T6 was not a great fit for the market and the car. The problem with the V8 is that it runs the price up awfully high. For most people the 2.5T is a better value. Or a used T6 if the price is right.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

For me it all comes down to reliability & satisfaction. Of all the posts I've read.....I've very rarely heard good things about the T-6 and the VAST MAJORITY of the problems seem to be in that model. On the other side.....I've heard nothing but good things about the 2.5t.

If $ were a bigger consideration for me I would have purchased a 2.5t There was no way I was going to buy a T-6.

You asked for my opinion...I gave it!
    The...KAOS1972

'05 XC90 V8, Lava Sand / Taupe, Climate, Touring, Nav, DVD, Tow, Bi-Xenon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123