Default Finally, First Long Drive!

At last - we've had the XC 2 months and hadn't really gone anywhere. I mean, we had just over 1000 miles, and it's been 2 months. I;ve been itching to get out and drive it SOMEWHERE, but the opportunity just hasn't been there.

Today, my wife and I took a day trip today into the Pocono Mountain region in PA, approx 300 miles round trip. Finally, I was getting my chance to drive the XC on the open road.

And I am happy to report, this car really takes to being driven! We drove this morning through 40 MPH winds, and were late for our appointment, so I was really pushing it. Did 80 MPH for much of the trip. I have never felt comfortable maintaining speeds much over 70 MPH in any vehicle, but the XC handled it like it was nothing. So quiet, and such ease accelerating. Never have I felt so secure at high speed with passing and handling curves. Drove back after dark, so I took it a little easier. Great lighting (Halogens, no Xenons).

Before this trip I liked the car, now I REALLY like it!

I may have to get one for myself in a year or two!
    Last edited by Artz; 11-05-2004 at 10:02 PM.
    2004 XC Black/Graphite/Premium/Touring
    1993 245 Wagon White, replaced 1986 245 Wagon Blue
    1996 Chrysler LHS

Quote Originally Posted by Artz
    I may have to get one for myself in a year or two!
    Artz,

I couldn't agree with you more! We bought our '03 primarily as a replacement car for my wife, so I don't get to drive as much as I would like to. Every time I get behind the wheel though, I get so excited. It is a wonderful driving experience (and it has high "cool" factor in my opinion.) I am planning on getting myself an XC70 in a year or two (actually, I guess she will get the new one and I'll take the '03, but I'll still be happy)

Glad you had a good trip into the Pocanos.
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)