Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XC50 alive ?

Default Imported post

I went to the dealer last Monday here in central New Jersey
    and asked him of new xc50. He assures me it will be all wheel drive for v50 and s40. It's just his words
    Her: 2005 XC70 - Barents Blue /Graphite Leather/ Packages - Premium/Climate/Convenience/Booster Seats/Bike and Ski racks
    My: 2005 Silver Legacy GT Ltd. Sedan, 5MT

Default Imported post

what do you mean by allwheel drive v50/s40 ? does this mean that there will NOT be an XC50, only AWD versions of the V50 & S40 ?

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (8553 @ Feb. 24 2004,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what do you mean by allwheel drive v50/s40 ? does this mean that there will NOT be an XC50, only AWD versions of the V50 &amp; S40 ?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The new V50 with the Haldex AWD is already out in Europe. See Here at Haldex&#39;s website.

However, there WILL also be a XC50 that is different from the V50 AWD in the near future. &nbsp;

**** FYI: the VOLVO internal Code for the XC50 is Y278 or V55.*** &nbsp;
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Default Imported post

ifnt420,

Firstly - I do like your new animated avatar, which doesn&#39;t materialise as such - didn&#39;t know you could do that on this board - very clever&#33;

Secondly, It seems to fall to me to pour cold water on things (or perhaps a more conservative approach to most sorts of hyperbole) - To my mind AWD was first developed to get more bhp on the tarmac (grunt on the pavement); you can see that from the Haldex website and their involvement with racing?

That&#39;s possibly why the T5 version of the V50 has AWD.

Some clever-clogs realising that AWD was sort-of-similar-but-not-really-equivalent to 4WD, that it could probably be used in soft roader applications; hence the Audi, XC70 and Jaguar estates?

So I wouldn&#39;t read too much into the expression -
    AWD + V50 = XC50,
    Time and market research will determine.

In olden days the number replacing the least significant digit indicated the number of doors i.e. 855 was the estate variant of the 850 so V55 may be a spurious code.

In the UK it appears that there should be numbers of V50s on the streets &#39;cos an awful lot of dealers are having &#39;events&#39; in mid to late March - but time will tell what models will actually arrive.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Post Imported post

Volvo will reveal its latest concept car, at a press conference at the Geneva motor show on Tuesday 2 March at 10.45 on the Volvo stand in Hall six.

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TrueBlue @ Feb. 24 2004,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ifnt420,

Firstly - I do like your new animated avatar, which doesn&#39;t materialise as such - didn&#39;t know you could do that on this board - very clever&#33;[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thanks, I like this avatar too.

In regards to your questions on the Internal Codes, here&#39;s the rest for all P1 platform cars. &nbsp;

Volvo is spending 2.8 billion euro on the new cars and launches the biggest investments in new cars since the company exists.

The cars described here uses the P1 platform developed by Volvo, Mazda and Ford. its the basis for the next Focus, Mazda 3 and the Volvo P1-cars.

The cars:

S40 (Code Y276): Sedan
    V50 (Code Y280), station wagon
    XC50 (Code Y278) (also called V55)
    * bigger than Opel Zafira, smaller than Mazda MPV
    C50 (Code Y281/1), four-seat coupe
    C50 (Code Y281/2), four-seat convertible

So as you can see, the code for the regular V50 is Y280. and for XC50 is Y278.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Default Imported post

In the next year, Volvo&#39;s lineup will be vibrant with new models. The only profitable division of Ford plans to launch two new cars each year for the next five years. In 2004, we&#39;ll see the YCC (&quot;Your Concept Car&quot at the Geneva show, and a small crossover vehicle also is expected to be shown in concept form.

And now, just three months after the debut of the new S40, the V50 sports wagon has been unveiled at the Bologna Auto Show in Italy. It&#39;s also been confirmed that there will be a C40 Convertible, although the topless version of the new S40 isn&#39;t expected until mid 2005. Volvo has established a joint venture with Pininfarina for the development of the Convertible and at the moment the Volvo development team is working at the prototype in Pininfarina&#39;s premises in Torino, Italy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12