Default Imported post

Hello all...

I've seen many links for helping find discounts on hotels, etc., but was wondering if anyone had first-hand experience with either the Volvo Adventure packages or a complete package through another company.

I realize it might be less expensive to plan everything myself, but I really prefer to have plans set in advance, so I can relax while I'm there and not wonder about where I'm going to sleep the next night.  Also don't have enough much time to create my own package.

tried a search here, but only found 1 person who tried the promotional trip to Nice ( was it low tide? )... anyway, hoping to see if anyone has experience with PACKAGES

any offered through SAS ?

thanks!!
    -Don

FYI: I will be picking up my car July 7th or 8th.

Default Imported post

Nope- I do not recall anyone doing the packages.  A few of the recent group did do the add-ons.  As far as I know, the London and Nice bonuses are now over.  Barry briefly looked into the Kingdom of Glass adventure...until his plans changed, so he may know more...
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

You might look at scantours.com, which has all sorts of options, including trips to Helsinki, St. Petersburg (which is having it's 300th anniversary this year), Estonia, Latvia, etc.  Speaking with Volvo travel, they were familiar with this company, and I think SAS has some tie-in with them.

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (katekka @ April 17 2003,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">St. Petersburg (which is having it&#39;s 300th anniversary this year)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    LOL. Just don&#39;t go there on your new Volvo car.
    Even 5 minutes staying at a snack bar will be enough.

Default Imported post

Low Tide is correct.

The previous travel incentive that was offered to Nice or London for &#036;295 has ended. There is a new London or Nice travel incentive but it only applies to purchases of C70 convertibles. I have had customers take the Volvo tours and they have come back saying they had a great time.

Some of my customers recently took advantage of the incentive trip to London but they have not returned from Europe. When they were ordering their car one of the members of our staff who is from London suggested some unique places to visit. They later told me before starting their journey that they were pleased to hear the same suggestions from others.

William
    Go on a Journey for Life...
    " See Europe by Volvo "
    Click to take the first step

Default Imported post

My wife and I were quite interested in doing the Kingdom of Glass tour but found it was more than we really wanted and there was no way to trim it down to fit our plans. Then a change of plan happened and I ended up doing a real driving trip thru Sweden and Norway with my son. Apart from our first night we simply winged it and drove where our fancy took us from looking at the map.

My sense was that the tours were quite expensive and the itineraries were very rigid. This makes it difficult if you want some freedom to do things on the fly which is the way my wife and I prefer.

If the tours fit your plans and you feel quite comfortable with the itinerary and cost then I would anticipate you will have a great time and enjoy the trip. I think the planned tours are less adventurous but may very well fit like a glove for some even so, and that&#39;s OK too. Each to their own I say.

The obvious advantage of the fixed tour is that you can simply sign up and devote your prep time to other things. Some of the tours I recall do provide up to 3 days in one place for you to do as you will. So if this appeals review all the tours and settle on the one that fits your interests.

I don&#39;t think you will regret doing any of the tours -- they all looked fairly promising to me.

One thing you might do as a compromise is to select one of the tours and see if you can emulate it yourself and compare the costs. If you come close you then have a choice to make with one being more rigid than the other.

Have a great trip and post back what you decide.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R