Default Imported post

I need a suggestion for a hotel or B&B that has parking, reasonably prices and is convenient to the tourist places in Copenhagen. If anyone knows of a place please post the name of it.

Thank you

Default Imported post

MGC:

I've only stayed in Copenhagen one time and that was just overnight waiting for a flight so I've no first hand refs to pass along. May I suggest you pull out your Steve Rick's handbook as he does make some reasonable suggestions and tends to stear towards keeping costs down and usually selects places that have 'clean sheets'. Parking in any city these days does present difficulties -- and I don't think Steve addresses the car issues too much -- he's a train person, right
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

SEE UPDATE BELOW:  I'm staying in one of Rick Steve's Hotel recs this time. I'll let you know- but I'm afraid I may not get it to you in time. Rick's 2003 edition seems pretty valuable- there is certainly not a lot of info out there that is SUBJECTIVE in his sort of way.

Note also that if you hit Copenhagen on Wednesdays, much of the tourist sites are free.

Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

We go in May to get our car so I have not been to this hotel but we booked becaused the price is very good.  Tidbloms Hotell & Restaurang.  SEK 899 per person for a weekend package of two nights in a double room, breakfast both days, a three course dinner for two the night of your choice, shopping discounts and taxes. SEK 1798 (about $125 per night for two and that includes dinner one night) I have corresponded with them through email and they are very prompt in answering.  There is information and pictures on their web site www.bookings.org/se/hotels/tidbloms  It looks interesting.  It does have parking.  If anyone does use the hotel please let us know how it is.

Default Imported post

Welcome Brenna.  What vehicle config have your bought/ordered?
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Brenna

Thanks for the tip about this hotel in Gothenburg it looks like a charming place. We will consider staying here the night before we drop the car off.

Default Imported post

UPDATE:  Copenhagen Hotel Rec.

I stayed at Ibsen's hotel.  Price was about $100-$110 a night including breakfast (very good buffet) and parking two blocks away in the secure garage.  That is about 50% off- book ahead on the net, or arrive after 4pm and ask for a discount rate of 700 DKK.  Ibsen's is a very nice 3 star hotel in a convenient place to drive in, park, and to walk within the city.  The hotel was recently remodeled, clean, and well staffed.  There are two restaurants - a Tapas bar and an Italian place.... both of which are authentic and moderately priced.  The Italian gets my vote for one of the better trip eating experiences in Scandinavia.  Northern in style, I recommend the fresh tagliatelle w/ smoked salmon & prawns in a cognac cream sauce.  If its not on the menu, ask... the chef is willing to make what you want if they are not swamped- rare after 8pm.  Lobster was also quite good as is the ultra-thin and crisp pizza.  Do not order the table wine.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black