Default Volvo Gods have engine SN# question

Sorry for breaking this post off my thread, but figured it'd get more attention by the people that are in "the know".

From my engine replacement thread, I have a 2005 XC70 and swapped out a motor that it came with, but I am not sure of the exact model year of the swapped motor and there was a timing belt tensioner design change that happened in the 2004-2005 model years. My issue is the timing tensioner the previous owner installed looks fine, but the belt is not positioned properly which makes me think I have the wrong tensioner.

Here is the pic of the tensioner that came installed on the motor by the previous owner and since I do not know the model year, I'm not sure it's the correct tensioner. I have the short one installed on the motor, but there is longer style on based on model year and I hoped someone could help/

D-

on edit, added a pic since I screwed up the original pic upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FullSizeRender.jpg   FullSizeRender (2).jpg   FullSizeRender.jpg  

I think the brake was at engine #3188688= older tensioner (short) to verify check the number on the back of the block above water pump behind the plastic for the rear timing cover. I can see why they changed to the new tensioner . it seems a bit more robust.

I forgot to mention, i believe the new style tensioner sits about 1/4" out from the block compared to the old style.

2001 X/C 70 - Youngest son's car for someone that is 6'10" tall - and it fits him like a glove.

Thank you and I found the SN# on the back flat piece cast into the block. Looks like I have the correct pulley based on the fitment of old to new style.

D-