Default Xc70 fuel pump leaking from housing

Has anyone had this problem; fuel pump appears to be leaking from yellow housing on top (round with a cross shape in it.

Wondering if there is a solution other than buying a new pump?

I have photos I'll attach and also a video of it, I'll try to upload...

Haven't had to deal with mine (yet) but this is a common point of failure for these pumps from what I've read online. Most people buy the replacement and do the install. On another website or maybe youtube, a guy decided to mix up epoxy and completely fill in the yellow housing to seal the leak. It worked!...for awhile, but then I think the gas ate away at the epoxy seal and started leaking again. FYI if you do the replacement, I guess there's a special tool you need to buy or make to remove the pump.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Three weeks ago a friend took his 2001 S60 to the dealer and got the fuel pump assembly replaced for free for the same exact problem you are describing!
    He said there was a recall for the fuel pump on all S60, XC70 and other cars after searching online .
    The dealer replaced the whole fuel pump assembly at no cost !

This might help
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...a-bad-feelling

Even though the state of Colorado where we live is not included in the recall in post #5, the dealer replaced his fuel pump at no cost!

Yup. I had this. There was a recall on this pump. Although my 2004 xc70 was out of range of the recall, I called Volvo anyway and explained the situation to them. Since it was a safety issue, they agreed to "try to pay for it." So they set up an appt at my local dealer, I went and paid the $70 diagnosis fee, had the problem confirmed, and Volvo actually paid for the whole thing. I was super surprised! Having read around for DIY repair instructions, replacing the fuel pump yourself seemed doable but not so much fun. I was probably going to try the epoxy solution if Volvo didn't pay for it. Give VNA a call! (I'm in New England, by the way)

Our 2004 XC70 had the leak from the plastic top fuel pump assembly. Replaced at local Volvo dealer. We were not as fortunate as some others as Volvo contributed the pump, but we paid ~ $250 for labor. Took two trips to the dealer as the o-ring seal was leaking where the pump assembly meets the plastic fuel tank.