Default Condensation in headlight

So, I have read every post on this subject. I have never had this problem until now. I am wondering if anyone changed out a headlight for this reason and had success? It seems to me there is no reason why the pron
    blem should not affect a 'new' headlight too.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

You have a leak somewhere and sorta screwed.
    You can try to remove the headlight, take everything off of it and start to slowly blow some hot air into the holes left.
    It may work it may not.
    Your other alternative is to try to get the plastic lens off without cracking it, then cleaning out the inside and glueing it back properly with no leaks.
    Don't ask me why some develop leaks, I don't really know. Perhaps it's the superior Volvo engineering using high quality, expensive parts.
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Thanks JRL and a Happy New Year to everyone!
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nickbw View Post
    So, I have read every post on this subject. I have never had this problem until now. I am wondering if anyone changed out a headlight for this reason and had success? It seems to me there is no reason why the pron
    blem should not affect a 'new' headlight too.
    Nick:

When I had my '02 I had the same issue with just one of my headlamps. Don't know if if was because the car sat outside with the nose facing both the sea and the morning sun, but it would get moisture inside nearly every morning. Of course, once the sun hit it and/or the air temperature would rise sufficiently it would dry out. What I did to minimize the problem was to pull one of the covers off the back of the lamp. That worked well enough that I ended up just drilling a half inch hole in the cover to get a bit more ventilation into the housing and re-installed it. Any road, worth a try by just pulling a cover and seeing if that helps.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Quote Originally Posted by nickbw View Post
    Condensation in headlight
    I have fixed a few headlamps w/glass lenses that would get wet inside. Common cause was a missing or loose gasket on the turn signal bulb holder. Water drips directly on that holder. Replaced gasket, blew hot air in bulb cover holes to remove moisture. Volvo makes a vented headlamp bulb cover as a "service solution" - (8650192) It has a breathable membrane on it that will allow moisture out, and keep dust from getting in.
    Last edited by hoonk; 01-03-2017 at 01:03 PM.