Default P0502 sensor location

I had for quite a while problems with skid error and abs which "agravated" a check engine light (P0502) and message to go service abs/skid system.
    I reflowed the ABS unit without success, infact I notticed the module was a better build and the type of connector was "knife"on PCB side so I kind of regereted oppening it up.

Recently I noticed the engine is winding up without changing the gear, so I thought that the signal from the sensor is indeed low and I am looking to change it.

Does anyone have a picture with the speed sensor location (in transmision not wheel speed sensors)?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by galatasarai; 09-07-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Need more information about the car, as well as posting in proper English instead of pig Latin.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Need more information about the car, as well as posting in proper English instead of pig Latin.

Dave.
    2002 V70XC AWD, and thanks for the warm welcoming.

From your information it sounds like you need a new BCM (brake control module), plus software. I highly doubt there is an issue with a speed sensor in the transmission.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    From your information it sounds like you need a new BCM (brake control module), plus software. I highly doubt there is an issue with a speed sensor in the transmission.

Dave.
    It may sound like marketing for a new BCM but I trust my investigation.
    It is easyer to replace one sensor borrowed from a neighbor. cheaper also. As I said, I tested BCM, time to move on.

So, back to square one, my simple question was:
    - does anyone knows the location of Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), prefferably with a picture or drawing?

Thank you.

Here a picture from the parts catalog, #15 is decribed as a vss. Might take the #16 kit depending on your serial number
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	5412
    Last edited by hoonk; 09-09-2013 at 01:45 PM.

What did you test the BCM with?

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Here a picture from the parts catalog, #15 is decribed as a vss. Might take the #16 kit depending on your serial number
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	5412
    Thanks, that's good news and I believe #15 (sensor B) is actually for the speedometer (in dashboard) and #15a is the one I suspect failed me, the sensor A (if I recall correctly at this hour the meaning of P0502).
    I wonder if they are interchangeable for a quick test, and if the cables are long enough to permit swapping. However, having two on the same location, it would be easy to put a scope on both and to compare the amplitude.

Thanks again.

Hi I have the same problem with my 02 V70xc and need to replace the VSS sensor. It looks like on the diagram it is on the back side of the transmission but I can not locate it. Any help would be appreciated.