Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DYZ View Post
    I'm running VIDA on my 10 years old XP laptop with 750mb RAM without any issue (other than a bit slow). To overcome the installation requirement of 2GB+ RAM, you need to find one of the configuration files that has the hard-coded 2GB RAM requirement and edit the value down to be less than your machine's RAM size.

DYZ
    That's what I figured, but couldn't figure out which one would work. Since I don't really need the newer version to talk to my '02 it wasn't a big deal anyway. More the interest in getting it to work.

Thanks,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

This is the file: dvd_root\Install\DVD\Vida_dvdheader\Compinfo.ini
    Find the RAM configuration section, this is what mine looks like after editing:

[RAM]
    XPMinValue=500
    VistaMinValue=2000
    ErrorMess=Computer Memory (RAM) is below the required

In case it's not obvious, if you have it on a DVD you'll need to copy everything to the hard drive and edit there.

DYZ
    2005 Volvo XC70, Ash Gold, 210K miles

Quote Originally Posted by DYZ View Post
    This is the file: dvd_root\Install\DVD\Vida_dvdheader\Compinfo.ini
    Find the RAM configuration section, this is what mine looks like after editing:

[RAM]
    XPMinValue=500
    VistaMinValue=2000
    ErrorMess=Computer Memory (RAM) is below the required

In case it's not obvious, if you have it on a DVD you'll need to copy everything to the hard drive and edit there.

DYZ
    Perfect! Thanks much!

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

I was wondering is it possible to update a clone vida with that software?

Dumb question. Saw shammy answered this in Page4.
    Last edited by gwee; 12-29-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Found the 2014 vida software: http://down.diyobd2.fr/vida-2014a-torrent.zip

Here is installation guide: http://www.obd2friend.com/2014/11/13/

I have no problem installing it on Window 7.

Has anyone had that torrent work? Must it be burned first to a DVD for it to be properly extracted? I cannot get it to extract.

Default Vida dvd

Not tried that torrent.

I am setting up a DICE/VIDA clone at the moment (trying to)

The file will be downloaded as an ISO file image which must be burnt tp DUAL LAYER DVD using something like Ashampoo Burner (free)

I have a working torrent for 2014D and also the patch file.

Now a silly question - Does the computer need to be on the internet when running diags on the car?

I am trying to run it for the first time and it is giving me a message "THE REQUESTED RESOURCE (VIDA) IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by sanfelice View Post
    Has anyone had that torrent work? Must it be burned first to a DVD for it to be properly extracted? I cannot get it to extract.

Quote Originally Posted by alan jackson View Post
    Now a silly question - Does the computer need to be on the internet when running diags on the car?

I am trying to run it for the first time and it is giving me a message "THE REQUESTED RESOURCE (VIDA) IS NOT AVAILABLE.
    No, but make sure that your VIDA database is running before you start it.

I run a Win7 x64 Pro computer with 8GB RAM and an SSD. On that I have a Win7 x32 Ultimate install, fully updated, running VIDA. I assign it 4GB RAM and it still chugs along sluggishly for a while to start the VM and then start the SQL database. Once that shows green, VIDA comes up quickly and works fine.

BTW, I think most Volvo dealers these day advertise "Total CAN update" with "any service", so go in and have an oil change or plug replacements and have them update the software.

Keeping stable battery voltage (to go back a couple of years in the thread) can be done with a BatteryTender, PLUS you can also turn off DRL to save on some battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by gwee View Post
    I was wondering is it possible to update a clone vida with that software?

Dumb question. Saw shammy answered this in Page4.
    yes,though shammy answered. I bought a DiCE unit clone with a VIDA software CD,but the CD is broken, i downloaded VIDA software you provided, this works,but no Win XP,no Win 7 64 bit,only win 7 32 works for me. http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/vo...d-version.html
    Last edited by Liliflower; 01-05-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Default Software version installed

Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    I checked with these guys as well as another that had software listed on their on-line catalog and they told me that they may list the various patches but will not sell them to non-shop customers. But with that said, I would hope that if anyone is ever successful in ordering software that they post up all details on the process as I sure would be interested. I have a trip computer that I lost the software for when I swapped DIMs and a rear view mirror that I would like to change the dimming setting to. Both aren't worth a trip to the dealer or the aggravation of dealing with them.

Cheers,

Bill
    Hi Bill,
    I've communicated with you before. I'm in NS too. You suggested that I get VIDA/DICE which I did, and have been using it to read/clear/diagnose codes on my car and other people's cars too. My question is: Can you use the software tab to check for available updates without a subscription, or at least find out what version of software is currently installed?
    Cheers,
    Joe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast