Default Service schedule Questions

Safe and Secure recently ran out on my 2009 XC70 3.2, so I'll be taking over the bulk of the cars maintenance work, can someone give me a clear idea of what should be done for the 52,500mi service?

I see engine oil, cabin filter, and check PS fluid wipers coolant etc, but some places say to do the auto transmission fluid, some say to check it, and some say only if it's used for towing.

First can someone give me the links to the transmission fluid change thread, and cabin filter change thread? My search function isn't working from my tablet.
    Second what are the thoughts on changing it, does it need be done? If it isn't needed should it be done anyways? The car isn't placed under heavy load but I prefer to be ahead on maintenance whenever possible.

Thanks for the help.

I just flushed my tranny today. There's a new thread with links to the references. Since it was so easy, I would recommend every 30k miles for the transmission flush with Mobil 3309 or Toyota Type IV.

I've done all my own maintenance since new. I like to keep things simple and use 5k and 10k mile intervals. Tires rotated every 5, Mobil 1 oil and Mann filter every 10, cabin air filter every 15, engine air filter every 30, transmission (now) every 30. Brake fluid every two years, pads and rotors as needed (about 50k for this car). I also replaced power steering fluid around 50k and top up coolant each summer due to evaporation (never flushed it).

Tom
    2010 T6 - Climate, Convenience, Premium Audio, RSE, Moonroof, ABL
    2002 V70XC, sold to move to Japan

2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Your service manual should give you a good schedule. No matter what Volvo tells you, it is good idea to change/flush your ATF every 50k miles. The TF80SC transmissions have had issues with valve bodies not lasting due often to dirty fluid-these transmissions have no filter either! It does not even have a dip stick, but a good transmission shop should be able to perform the flush.