Default plastic that radiator hose connects to onto radiator has crumbled...

the plastic spout/nozzle that the radiator hose connects to onto radiator has crumbled... this is the one at the top of the radiator...

i've removed the tip of the nozzle that broke off the radiator from inside the hose and it was all crumbly and squishy...

the plastic nub of spout/nozzle that is still attached to the radiator appears to be still pretty stiff and solid... but without the raised edge being on the end if it the hose now slips off easier and steam exploded everywhere...

i've tightened it on even tighter but let's face it, the only real solution is to replace the radiator?

has anyone done this job themselves? It looks like a real pain with all the stuff that has to be removed before one even gets to the radiator...

the breakdown assistance dude tested the engine block to see if there was a crack that was pressurizing the radiator and causing house to blow off and this wasn't the problem. The test was a blue liquid that when exposed to the vapors of the cooling system would turn yellow if there were gasses from the engine leaking into cooling system...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	7109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9957.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	7110

this is what the local parts shop is showing for the replacement radiator...

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Vo...0288fdb&000261
    2001 V70 Cross Country / 1968 Dodge Charger

Yep. Time for a new radiator.

Not done it yet. I'm certain that it's in my future.

Twice.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (130K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (58K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (147K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (247K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (300K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (230K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

It's not a simple job if you DIY by just yourself. The hard part is to get the radiator back on. I can share some photos if you want to know the direction I went with.
    2002 V70XC Cross Country 178k (km)
    young stubborn guy with his wagon
    Service Logs: http://tinyurl.com/o9fld84

yeah... i figured it was tough... I'd be doing it on my own too which doesn't help...

I've tightened the hose extra tight and it seems to be holding... but of course this isn't really reliable...

turns out I've got a new car coming in the next few days for work (Ford Galaxy) so the urgency of this matter has been removed...

now I might just end up selling the Volvo... as much as I loved it I can't have yet another car as there is no place to keep them...

argh...
    2001 V70 Cross Country / 1968 Dodge Charger