Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use Stoner Trim Shine (WalMart) put it on and it lasts over a year. It repels water and dirt, car washes up with black trim real easy just spray it on.

Quote Originally Posted by nosheets View Post
    I use Stoner Trim Shine (WalMart) put it on and it lasts over a year. It repels water and dirt, car washes up with black trim real easy just spray it on.
    Thx for the idea, I'll give it a shot. I'd be really surprised if it lasts as long as you say, but with a name like "Stoner", how could I go wrong?

On a related note, I've found a couple of things that help:

1. Removing the "chalkiness". As indicated, even after a regular wash, the trim retains some dirt and looks craptastic. I've found that using a "Magic Eraser" you an actually pull out all of the dirt from the trim. This brings it back to a "like new", but non-glossy appearance. This will go back to craptastic soon enough, but I'd recommend this step before applying something glossy. It takes a while, and I'd recommend the heavy-duty version of the magic erasers, and you'll likely need 4 of them.

2. Non-hazing wax. Yep, wax is a bad idea, but those spray-on waxes may be an option. I used some recently, and it didn't haze up and kept a clean, slight gloss look. It did not last that long, but longer than an armor-all type spray though. It also didn't seem to attract dust as much.

Still though, 1&2 take a lot of time and effort and still doesn't last that long. I'll give the "Stoner" stuff a shot next.

Does anyone find any a good solution?

I used Mothers as last year as well. But it takes couple layer at least.

I also like Mothers Back to Black. After a few coats it turned mine from a dingy gray to almost new looking.

Forever Black worked well on my 01 (blue cladding that became gray streaked). FB turned the cladding an even black and lasted until I sold the car. It took way less than 1 bottle.
    Current: 2010 XC70 T6 Caspian Blue/Grey

Previous: 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue/Grey 218K Volvo High Mileage Club,

I've been seeing this stuff on TV recently:
    http://www.wipenew.com/

Notice the vehicle they use in the car wash demo.

That said, I'm afraid to try this on a 2012 - not sure if I should have to anyway. (?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12