Default Extensive PCV job w/oil sump cleaning

I'm in the middle of a PCV job on a 2004 XC70 with 177,000 miles and the oil return passage was completely blocked so I've had to take the oil sump off to clean it. I have the oil seal kit and will replace the necessary o-rings, I have Volvo chemical gasket, and I've read the write-up in the how-to section but are there any other tidbits of advice I should know?

Also, when I was showering after being under the car most of the day I found the remnants of a tiny copper o-ring/gasket (about the diameter of a large pen) in my hair and I'm wondering where it came from. I pulled the intake and PCV system the day before so I'm pretty sure it is from pulling the oil sump but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Bunch of O rings everywhere
    Oil pan O rings
    O rings in the PCV
    Etc
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

that little copper o-ring probably came off the PCV nipple under the intake manifold. One goes there and is easy to drop and loose and not realize something goes there.
    John, '01 V70 T5
    '04 V70 2.5T

Pictures?
    2001 V70XC +204k miles/ XeMODeX/ Pirelli 12/32"/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Great Lakes

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, my hands were too oily to get any pictures and I lost the little copper o-ring down the drain. It was much smaller than the copper rings that are used where the two banjo bolts on the PCV system go -- I'd say less than 1cm in diameter.

Mystery solved - it was not, in fact, a small copper o-ring but a piece of very hard varnish/old chemical seal material (that looked very much like copper) that had formed in the slight countersink of the oil sump bolt holes in the block. When I got back under to clean the gasket surface I noticed a bunch of the holes had these little rings. Sorry to waste your time!