Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotors size?

Default Rotors size?

Hello,

I have 2008 XC 70 AWD 3.2 L with R17 wheels. Vin number YV4BZ982981011896
    So I went on-line to order rotors so they have like 3 different sizes 305, 316 and 336 mm. What is size of rotors I have?

Thanks

You will need to actually measure them to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by phlfly View Post
    Hello,

I have 2008 XC 70 AWD 3.2 L with R17 wheels. Vin number YV4BZ982981011896
    So I went on-line to order rotors so they have like 3 different sizes 305, 316 and 336 mm. What is size of rotors I have?

Thanks
    I did it's around 325 mm, so is it 316 or 330 mm?
    If I had new before about such pain in .... to get rotor replace I would not buy it ever.
    I have BMW's (for like many years) and never had problem to replace rotors, all one size for each model and stops like any car in the world. I guess it's last time I've ever buying Volvo again. Swedes are over complicated with simple thing.

I recently measured my rotors so that I could buy new brake parts. They measured 300mm across. If you got 325 you may have mismeasured. I would think that you likely have the 330mm if you got 325mm. Worth rechecking.

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    I recently measured my rotors so that I could buy new brake parts. They measured 300mm across. If you got 325 you may have mismeasured. I would think that you likely have the 330mm if you got 325mm. Worth rechecking.
    Stop by dealer they told it's 316 mm.

This is why I want to replace them. Do you have same thing with your car? There are too dark, looked like overheated, but I saw same exact thing on loaner XC70 at dealership. The fist pic for rear and second for front. I want to replace front only.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0756.jpg   IMG_0755.jpg  

I don't really see anything in the pictures. The light and dark patterning is from the camera flash? Overheating gives different colours depending on the degree of heating starting with a light sand colour going to blue tones. If the light and dark patterns are not from the camera flash then perhaps they are footprinting from the brake pads if the car sits for long periods.

Do you have same dark color rotors? I thought they should be more shiny, like a reflecting surface.

My rotors look about the same as yours. They are not mirror reflective smooth.

So I got two front rotor from Autohouse AZ, made by Zimmerman, I will come with update after installing them I have slightly pulsation at hard braking , so I think it's coming front rotors, as rear break does braking before front and rear pad were replaced around 6-7 thousands miles back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast