Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

Tzunum,

Sometimes an integrated telephone is not really an option. My GSM provider does not allow cloned SIM cards (two cards with the same number). This means that I have to use a different number and pay for call diverts. On top of that, when you call from your car phone, "your" normal mobil telephone number is not identified.

There is another issue. I was considering the integrated phone, but I totally disliked separation of the phone from the phone display. I think it disturbs driving MUCH more than Car Kit (where you use the telephone display).
    trzesnk
    is: Titan Grey 2007 D5 BSR tuned
    was: Nautic Blue 2002 2.4T BSR tuned

Default Imported post

Nice to hear Ab_Fab, that this option is good for you!

I do hope, that your dealer (serviceman) will be as flexible as mine.

Regards,
    trzesnk

Default Imported post

I have the intergated GSM phone, and to be honest, I don't use it that much.  I guess I don't spend as much time in the car as you road warriors do (although I do rack up a lot of air miles.)  When I use it I take the SIM card out of my phone and install it in the dash slot.  I'm not impressed by the phone's reception, and in the case of the center arm rest unit, it's volume.  I had no choice as all XC70's come equipped with them in Thailand.  

Wayne

Default Imported post

Hi,

I´ve got the intregrated gsm phone and considering cost and profits  I strongly recommend Bluetooth solutions avalaible from Nokia (http://www.nokia.com/phones/6310i/acc_vehicle.html) , Ericsson (still not) and Parrot ( www.say-parrot.com).
    Hope it helps you.

regards,
    Javi ´01 XC.

Default Imported post

Hi Javi,

Just a slight amendment. Ericsson does have a bluetooth solution (see http://www.blueunplugged.com/main.as....D=122). The release date is August I understand. This is what I hopefully will install in my XC as I change my phone at least every three months.

P.S. Would be great if Volvo followed Saab with their new 9-5 and made the car bluetooth enabled from the factory!

Cheers
    Neil

'02 XC / Polartic Blue Exterior/ Charcoal Interior/ Mudflaps / Nivomat / Ipod / Aluminium Trim / Removable Towbar / Rubber Mats / HU613 with AMP and premium speakers / 18 ft Boat

Default Imported post

As far as I understand SAAB is using Parrot as an OEM supplier (CK4000). Do you have any info on that?
    Does anybody of you have any experience with Parrot CK3000?
    trzesnk

Default Imported post

Hi,

A friend has installed CK3000 from Parrot, it works fine,
    you can answer and make calls just using voice and  stores 500 names with voice dialing and up to three numbers for each name ( office, home or mobile). No speaker, directly connected to radio speakers. Options are controlled from phone.The only little problem as i see is the ausence of antenae and the desing of the little controls aren´t pretty.
    I know Ericsson will make one but up today I never see a photo.

Regards
    Javi ´01 XC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12