Default Imported post

Hey Guys,

Me again. I have another question regarding the immobiliser light in the interior of the car.  In my Volvo 850 when i turn the ignition off the immobiliser light on the radio automatically comes on blinking.  I do not seem to find any immobiliser light in my XC.  Does this mean that I do not have the Immobiliser installed in the car.  Or do the current immobilisers come with no indication light.  Thanks again for your help.

Eugene  

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Hi Eugene,

The XC's immobilizer functions are automatic the moment your coded key turns the ignition switch. There are no lights to indicate that the system is operating or not.

Volvo's immobilizer is approved by the VICC (Vehicle Information Center of Canada). It determined that immobilizers are the most effective means of car theft prevention. That's nice to hear.

Montreal and Vancouver are considered the hotspots for vehicle theft here in Canada. Phoeniz, AZ apparently gets the nod for car theft capital of the U.S.

Default Imported post

Thanks for the advice Art. Just another question. If there are no immobiliser indicators on the interior of the car what is the purpose of the small red light under the radio switch.  Just curious. Thanks

Eugene

Default Imported post

Hi Eugene,

If you're referring to the small oblong-shaped lens located just below the fade/balance button on the HU-613/803, I believe that is a sensor used in conjunction with the XC's optional motion security system.

Other sensors are located just under the airflow controls (panel illumination sensor) and just above the passenger's side temp control (temperature sensor).

Hope that helps.

Default Imported post

isnt the light on the dash right above the center channel speaker? That is where mine is!
    NEW - 03' Blue XC90

SOLD - '02 XC70 - BLK - Sand
    Sub, Rear Skid, Trailer Hitch, Engine Skid, XM, Rear seat cooler, center seat pouch, Premium Package

Default Imported post

I've got a flashing red LED in the same location as combustion has mentioned, you haven't got that Eugene?
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

Sorry for the confusion fellas,

I thought Eugene was referring to an indicator light for the immobilizer on the panel where the warning lights come on. You're right about the flashing red light above the center speaker. It indicates whether or not the alarm system is armed.

Default Imported post

Hey Art,

You are correct i was reffering to the immobiliser light where the radio. Thanks heaps for you posts.  

Eugene