Exclamation Help! Urgent! Car won't recoginse indicator switch!

Removed the indicator switch from steering column as I'd been having erratic indicator performance. Cleaned the contacts inside the unit and now after re-install, the car won't recognize anything form that combo switch -- no indicators, high beam, trip computer -- nothing. Followed proper battery disconnect/re-connect procedures.

So tried again, thinking I might have messed up the pins, removed unit pins are fine. Re-installed, battery back on and nothing! Yikes!

A car needs indicators!!

Is the computer failing to recognise the switch? Vadis docs didn't say anything about a software procedure that was needed. I will try a third time, but in the meantime -- any ideas???
    2001 Cross Country SE
    140,000 kms

"Write a clever saying and your name will live forever"

Anon.

Default Fixed!

OK, got it sorted!

Third attempt worked.

The documentation says you should be careful to extract/insert the switch straight for the sake of the pins that line up with the socket on the steering column. The problem is that there's a black flange at the top rear of the unit that needs to slide over another flange to lock the unit in place (in addition to the two screws). So you can't perfectly slide the unit in straight as you have to maneuver the flanges. So I just shaved the flange off with a stanley knife! This enabled me to slide it straight in and feel the pins connect with the socket. And it works!

Indicator problems seem to have been solved too!!

You know, it's in those moments of panic when thoughts of asian cars with warranty start to creep up on you... but all is well now back in swede land.

2001 Cross Country SE
    140,000 kms

"Write a clever saying and your name will live forever"

Anon.

Good to hear you solved the problem, thanks for sharing the solution with us
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)