Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I work in a Honda Dealership. We deal alot with 4 wheel independent suspsension vehicles. A 4 wheel alignment is legitimate. We've had XC70 used cars in our shop too. It is always recommened with tire replacement.

You start by getting a read our of all 4 corners of the car. Then you start by adjusting the rear settings first and then the front settings.
    This is to ensure it does not "Dog Track" when you go down the road. It should range between $80.00 - $120.00 depending on where you go.

4 wheel steering vehicles are a different animal all together.

Yes, a 4 wheel alignment is indicated. Not just for AWD either. Front and rear toe settings are adjustable, and front camber can be tweaked a bit.

A jees
    C'mon guys, even an old Ford Taurus requires a 4 wheel alignment
    ANY car with an independent rear suspension requires it. Can we end this thread?

Although I have had no need to adjust rear toe, I must have missed something. Is there an adjustable toe link in the rear? I didn't see it.

Added: Never mind I found it via VIDA. It is an eccentric on the inboard pivot point of what is described as a "stay", which is the rear most locating link going from the hub upright to the subframe at a point rear of the rear diff.

Thanks,

Bill
    Last edited by billr99; 05-15-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Additional Information
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12