Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do you take the All-in-one polish, or the high gloss sealant?

And do you buff it by hand, or with a buffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Miliceman View Post
    Do you take the All-in-one polish, or the high gloss sealant?

And do you buff it by hand, or with a buffer?
    I use the High Gloss Sealant only. Before I started the project last year I polished the car using a 5" random orbit polisher. I never had much faith in any "all-in-one" product, especially one that promises to POLISH and PROTECT in one step. While it may be possible, I wasn't about to waste my time trying to find out. Think about it. Anyway, just my opinion. I wasn't about to take on a project of this magnitude without knowing exactly how the product was going to perform.

As far as buffing Klasse off, I do it by hand and at least 3 times, using a totally dry towel on the first pass. For the second and subsequent passes I use one ever so slightly damp towel (and I do mean SLIGHTLY in one hand and a totally dry towel in the other. Sometimes I use micro-fiber, sometimes terry cloth, sometimes a combination. I have tried using my polisher with a micro-fiber or terry cloth bonnet and it wasn't any easier than doing it by hand.

Did I answer your questions?
    2010 Volvo XC60, Convenience Pkg, Climate Pkg, Technology Pkg, Multimedia Pkg, Personal Car Communicator, Panoramic Moonroof.

wow, that is quite the shine.
    looks excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by MLPVT View Post
    WOW! I never looked at that way before. Seriously, I do NOT have a compulsive disorder . It's just a hobby and doing it gets me out of bed in the morning and keeps me out of TROUBLE!
    The first step is admitting you have a problem .

Do you have neighbors close enough that they know about your disorder?

What are you using on the plastic?
    There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    The first step is admitting you have a problem .

Do you have neighbors close enough that they know about your disorder?

What are you using on the plastic?
    LOL...of course.

For the cladding and tires, I use "Forever Black". (I buy the quart size from Autogeek.Net. It is a permanent dye that does NOT wash off. (You would swear this stuff is nothing more than Kiwi black shoe polish when you see it)
    2010 Volvo XC60, Convenience Pkg, Climate Pkg, Technology Pkg, Multimedia Pkg, Personal Car Communicator, Panoramic Moonroof.

How does the Forever Black work with the brown and/or blue cladding (that I think we all have?)?
    2001 V70xc, Ashgold/
    Sand, Premium Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by nwxc70 View Post
    How does the Forever Black work with the brown and/or blue cladding (that I think we all have?)?
    I haven't got a clue how it would look on the brown/blue cladding as mine is black . Maybe someone else on here has experience using it on those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by nwxc70 View Post
    It turned my Blue cladding BLACK - worked out nicely as I think black goes better with silver and now the cladding matches the black roof rails.

Thanks for the heads up! Mine is beige so black is not desirable for me. I agree the black cladding looks better with the silver! I see they now have black cladding available with some colors, something I don't think they offered years ago when I got my '01. Took 'em long enough!
    2001 V70xc, Ashgold/
    Sand, Premium Pkg

It turned my Blue cladding BLACK
    MY04 blue clad, and now with FB looks dark grey/ and brand new!!

Alex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast