Default 2001 V70XC - Is Meyle HD a good choice?

I have started to look for parts for front suspension project.
    I would stay with OE/OEM where possible.
    For control arm Meyle HD comes with four year warranty.
    I have a choice of Lemförder and Meyle HD for the end link.

Would XC folks recommend Meyle HD, other suggestions.
    I will completely replace all strut components, and hub bearing, control arm, the end link.
    The upper engine mount and the transmission torque mounts are Hutchinson.

TIA.
    2001 V70XC +204k miles/ XeMODeX/ Pirelli 12/32"/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Great Lakes

Lemforder control arms only (Who gives a crap about a warranty, they don't pay for labor)
    Most decent end links will suffice
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Go with the Lemförder. I've heard from my friends who work at alignment shops and work on cars all day that they are generally the best all around. I just got the end links and did it myself about 2 weeks ago replacing the oem ones. They were nice and my car stopped making the front end noises i was hearing. Fcp had the end links on sale for 19 something. Other places I looked were selling them for 34+ everywhere I looked.

I've used both Meyle and Lemforder and I would have to say that the latter is a bit better. Of course, Lemforder is an OEM supplier so you would expect that. I typically use Lemforder for things like ball joints and bushings. Those things that I don't want to change often. But since the roads down here are crap these days, I use Meyle for things like end links figuring I would need to change them every other year or so anyway. Amazingly though, I've been running this set of links for nearly 4 years now and they are holding up fine. I've decided to change them out this spring, again with Meyle, just figuring that it is about time more than anything else. I can't detect any looseness with them on the car but I suspect that once I get them off, and after 4 years, they are going to be loose. Of all the Volvos I've had using this type of anti-roll bar link, this set has lasted the longest and have been generally exposed to the worst conditions.

As far as Hutchinson for your engine mounts, they are also a OEM supplier so those are the ones you want to use. I just changed my upper and front mounts out and I have to say that I can't recall seeing anybody else having them available. I suspect there are, but Hutchinson are the ones you will most likely see.

Have fun,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Thank you for your feedback.

It will take a $grand to collect the parts.
    The upper strut mount bearing is Febi Bilstein, and not INA, for the Factory code 1. Any experience with FebiBil?
    The Lemfoerder for the ball joint is add to the shopping list.
    FAG appears best in price, and it is OEM for hub assembly.

I see JRL's point, IPD offers Meyle HD with four year warranty for end link, and the control arm. I imagine there must be enough there for it to stand such a warranty claim.

For few bucks more, would IPD HD Spring Seat take stress away from other components of strut assembly? I wonder what is NASA using on Curiosty Rover on Mars, LoL?
    2001 V70XC +204k miles/ XeMODeX/ Pirelli 12/32"/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Great Lakes

You really want to use either IPD or Volvo XC90 spring seats PERIOD
    I don't have too much experience with the bearing plates other than Volvo OEM and I know, they're expensive
    I don't know who makes them but they (usually) last for at least 150K miles
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I've used Febi Bilstein plates on all my Volvos. They are also a OEM supplier so they're fine and a bit cheaper than Volvo-labelled versions.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_perfect View Post
    Go with the Lemförder. I've heard from my friends who work at alignment shops and work on cars all day that they are generally the best all around. I just got the end links and did it myself about 2 weeks ago replacing the oem ones. They were nice and my car stopped making the front end noises i was hearing. Fcp had the end links on sale for 19 something. Other places I looked were selling them for 34+ everywhere I looked.
    You are right, FCP is selling Lemfoerder end link for below USD20.
    It adds to a list now at USD1200 without shipping.
    Many years of driving ahead, it better be fun.

Ive used Meyle HD control arm on my '99 S70 and it seems great. I had a chat with the guys @ FCP and did some research. The regular Meyle is crap, the HD version is sturdier for sure.