Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep V70 AWD

21 91.30%
  • Replace V70 AWD with Escape and Miata

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chipshot @ April 19 2004,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This may be the most lopsided poll in VolvoXC.com history.
    Should I keep it to myself if I decide to go for the Miata and Escape?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Have you considered the new hybrid escape?
    I&#39;m not an escape or miata fan, but there is no getting around you&#39;d end up with more fun vehicles. &nbsp;The obvious is that you would give up several safety features.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

I am definitely thinking of the Escape Hybrid, though I&#39;m told they will be going to retail customers first. &nbsp;So if not this fall, probably next fall.

The Escape seems pretty safe to me, and the side curtain airbags being added this year will almost certainly help.
    On the road: Black/Taupe Leather 2004 V70 AWD with Premium and Touring Packages, HU-803 AudioMax, and Xenon Headlamps
    Formerly: Box-Stock 2003 XC70 White/Taupe Leather with Premium and Touring Packages and HU-803 AudioMax (Dec 03-Jan 04)

Default Imported post

I have just &nbsp;had 2 fords, 1 xr6 variable valve timing 6 of 172kw and another 200kw v8, both great muscle cars, great handling, lots of power, but really pooor quality compared with the xc70. I drove a BMW 6 cylinder wagon and could not justify the cost compared to the xc70. i am really happy with my volvo and would now need a really goood case to be persauded to change.
    XC70 2003 2.5T Geartronic, Silver; Front & rear skid, luxury pack, now sold, but what a great car.
    Now 2008 V70 T6 AWD,bluetooth, sunroof, active bixenon, 4C suspension,
    2005 Mecedes C class AMG sports upgrade

Default Imported post

No. No, Chipshot; you&#39;re suffering from a case of &quot;never mind the quality, feel the width&quot;.

A Ford is a Ford, and a Volvo is, well - um (a Ford???).

Darn it, they&#39;re catching up fast on the inside.... After all a V50 is only a Focus?

&#39;cmon fellas beat me with your tickling stick&#33; (post it you want a translation.

With humour (humor),
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Default Imported post

Don&#39;t they say Volvo is for Life, &nbsp; why would you consider anything else as your main car? &nbsp;I like the look of the new crossfire and the new mazda but would I ever chop the V70 in against them?.?.?. NO I think my speeding days of youth are over or at least they should be so I have the car that I can quitely slip into in further years along with the slippers and cardigan and plodding along in the fast lane at 40mph. God help me

Default Imported post

If you can wait, you might want to consider the Toyota Highlander hybrid due out in early 2005. I test drove a Highlander before purchasing an XC-70 and thought it was almost as good. With a high gas-mileage hybrid engine providing 0-60 times of under 8 seconds, the new Highlander should look mighty attractive.
    '04 XC70
    '06 Toyota Prius
    '95 Volvo 850

Default Imported post

On the topic of &#39;Hybrids&#39; ...

Volvo offers several &#39;green&#39; vehicles, just not in the US markets. &nbsp;The one that caught my eye in Sweden was the &quot;Bi-Fuel&quot; V70. &nbsp;It take either regular gasoline or Natural Gas.

I would think that vehicles equipted for bi-fuel would sell over here, but then the idea of my neighbors pumping their own natural gas from their gargages does make me cringe I guess... so maybe its good that they are not offered in the US. &nbsp;
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12