Default How the heck do you remove those little plugs from the back of the Airbags||?

Just removed the steering wheel airbag and tried to remove the wires. Who designed those plugs certainly didn't want them to be removed. How do I remove them?

Why do you want to disconnect the airbag ? You do realise that if you chafe or short the right wires you're gonna wear the airbag, right ????????

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Myfirstone View Post
    Just removed the steering wheel airbag and tried to remove the wires. Who designed those plugs certainly didn't want them to be removed. How do I remove them?

Your observation is quite true, the connections should stay intact
    even in case of a "multi-G" shock, otherwise the airbags can't deploy!
    Perhaps the attached pdf file can be of help.

PS: I share Aviators curiosity
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

You still have not explain why you are messing with the airbag!?
    [2002 V70 XC] Venetian Red Metallic/Blk Leather*33k+ miles
    -Hands-Free Phone Set, all packages except Nav.
    Turbocharger replaced April/2005 under warranty.

[1991 245] Metallic Blue/Blue Leather*175k+ miles my daily beater.
    [1994 854 GLT] *141K+ miles

Member of Volvo High Mileage Club and the miles keeps ROLLING!!

Thanks Willy, I tried to download the file and it gave me an error message. Could you send it via some other format to my email: [email protected].

I usually rebuild 4 to 6 vehicles per year, all made in the US. I am pretty aware of the mechanics of cars. I came to this group for the knowledge base and expertise that it has.

Unfortunately, My wife turned her pride and joy 2002 Volvo V70XC/SW into a parts vehicle in one easy lesson. The airbag did its job very well. She took a hit in the pax doors from another vehicle doing approx. 50 mph. Bumps and bruises was about all she got. In my opinion, (and for once my wife agrees|) The car stood up to its excellent reputation for safety!

I am parting out the car and wish to remove the deployed airbag without cutting the wires. This is the first Volvo that I have tackled.

The pdf is on it's way!
    Strange you get errors, you should be able to open the file online and then save it.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)