Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nav system

Unhappy Imported post

Is the updated DVD still scheduled for November? We are in escrow on a new house and it's "address does not exist". I find that unacceptable  I would like to be able to get accurate figures for how far from home I am etc..

02' XC Ocean Race #516/650
    04' BMW 530iA

Exclamation Imported post

Can't you mark where you are with a GPS coordinate?  That way the nav system can still calculate how far you are from home.

I live in a new development myself and it was tough for the first year to get pizza delivered at home.  They were only 2 miles away but if I wasn't on their computer, they couldn't deliver    
    Silver/Graphite - Premium and Touring
    Front & Rear mud flaps - Wing Profile crossbars
    GNS (Garmin Navigation System - 2610)
    Yakima Platinum Pro cargo top.

Default Imported post

Just a stupid question:
    How much to update nav. DVD these days?

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Stu & Stain,

Not sure if this helps, but here's the link to NavTech's website.

Default Imported post

As far as I know, you can't order the DVD from Navtech, on the web site you may order a cd update, useless.  I asked the dealer last week.  According to him the DVD is free.  They already sent everything to Navtech so I should receive the DVD.

Thomas
    Volvo XC70 2004, Nautic Blue metallic, Sport PKG (DSTC, Xenia, Bi-Xenon, ZF Servotronic) VNS, rear Skid Plate, Thule evolution

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (&#39;03 XCer @ Oct. 03 2003,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can&#39;t you mark where you are with a GPS coordinate? That way the nav system can still calculate how far you are from home.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes. Simply store the location of, say, the house&#39;s driveway as a point. Name it &quot;Home&quot; and it is ready to use as a destination any time.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (thomaslally @ Oct. 07 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I know, you can&#39;t order the DVD from Navtech, on the web site you may order a cd update, useless. I asked the dealer last week. According to him the DVD is free. They already sent everything to Navtech so I should receive the DVD.

Thomas[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hmm, according to William Marks, DVD updates are NOT free.

Default Imported post

My last call to Navtech customer service indicated Nov 2003 was about when nxt update will be available -- of course release dates can always change, so bear that in mind. A Navtech DVD update will cost around &#036;250-&#036;300.

If you find map data errors you should report them to Navtech.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Oct. 08 2003,02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My last call to Navtech customer service indicated Nov 2003 was about when nxt update will be available -- of course release dates can always change, so bear that in mind. A Navtech DVD update will cost around &#036;250-&#036;300.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I just called Navtech and the person said the most recent version is 2003.1 and another is not planned until around June 2004. My confidence level in the person I talked to is not high. Updates are currently &#036;199 plus S&amp;H.

For those of us who want to know more about the system and why it has a relatively small database there is no one to ask. Volvo says to contact Navtech. Navtech says they merely provide the raw data and distribute the discs but have no control over what data are used. Navtech suggested I contact Mitsubishi who makes the system and discs. We&#39;ll see how that goes. &nbsp;
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

I think you should ask your dealer before ordering the update. &nbsp;I asked him several times, he said the updates are provided by Volvo. &nbsp;I guess Navtech and Volvo have an agrement. &nbsp;

Thomas
    Volvo XC70 2004, Nautic Blue metallic, Sport PKG (DSTC, Xenia, Bi-Xenon, ZF Servotronic) VNS, rear Skid Plate, Thule evolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast