Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK - here's how it ends (as if most of you don't already know)

I ordered an aftermarket driveshaft - which turned out to be a rebuilt factory driveshaft. Very bizzarre that I could not get that bearing, but the (new) shaft had the exact same as the OEM shaft. Came from a company in CA. Maybe this one - www.thrashdriveshaft.com

There was no core refund, so I cut my old drive shaft near the universal joint. Part of the puzzle was how to dismantle without damaging. The universal joint has a splined stub which press fits into the drive shaft. The replacement had been cut same place I did (right on the weld). I could see dents on the new one from holding in a hydraulic press.

Anyway, U-joint is also non-servicable, but CV joints are available. I might rebuild my old one just for fun. Might need it in 5 years. . .

None of this is particularly helpful unless you can source the parts as JRL has mentioned. If anyone wants photos of the cut section of my old shaft, I can get them. Final price - $700 cdn. Very easy job.

Still trying to think like a Swede . . .

Peter.
    As fun to fix as they are to drive.

I ran my 200 XC without the drive shaft for a while when I was having the drive shaft "rebuilt". I took it to the local Volvo dismantlers and they did their magic for $130 and it has been good for at 25 thousand miles. They said they used parts from donor drive lines.

so I had the same problem 1998 xc, but it wasn't the bearing, it was the mount. Of course, the only anser I got was It needs to be replaced as a whole. Here in Germany, it runs about 1400 euros which is about 2000 USD. I decided that if it is rubber, it can be made...so I found a product WEICON that I used and filled up the area where the mount should have been and now I am back to AWD motoring, and yes, there is no porblem running without the driveshaft. Apart from that the only options I found was to ship it to the states, to thrash and have them rebuild it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12