Default 12V Cargo Outlet - Installation Instructions

Hi All,

Found some great information but not all that I am looking for...

Just got the 12V Cargo Power Outlet kit from a dealer (well almost). They delivered a part that claimed was the same but instructions are for an S80 and the part number is different. I don't have the instructions for the XC70. Can anyone help with instructions? If you can scan and send me a copy I would appreciate it.

There are some older posts on this but all the links to photos are dead. The limited instructions I could find claim that the wiring harness is complete - is this the case? I haven't pulled the side panel in the cargo area while I am unsure of what I will find and need to do.

thanks.

Hello,
    I notice that your querie stays unanswered. I have tried to find some info in the Vadis system, no luck, sorry.
    I thought the power outlet in the cargo area is a standard issue on XC's. If so, it may be better to ask elsewhere.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Might be worth seeing if the towing set up includes a live wire to provide battery power to a caravan being towed. Thats a common feature on Euro cars.
    Found this on the UK Volvo clob website. Clearly provision for a live ire connection from fuse box in the truck space.

perhaps there is also an unused fuse you can use there as well

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/towbar_electrics.shtml

In the attached pdf file you can see how Volvo puts it for MY2004.
    Don't mind the red text on the left of the towing bracket 54/51, I added it.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

thanks for the diagram - not sure if it answers my question but the good news is that based on that I checked the trailer plug and everything seems to work right.

In Canada, the 12V receptacle in the cargo area is an option. Apparently, most people have found the wiring in place but needed to add a relay in locatin FA1 and put in the right fuses. I managed this but still no power. In some places I have seen reference to a resistor but cannot find reference to this.

Willy - do you have a similar wiring diagram that includes the 12V power point in the cargo area - shoudl be connected through relay in location FA1.

thanks.

What year is your XC70? I have a 2005 and installed the 12V socket in the back without a problem. It came with the socket and a plastic lock ring. Essentially, all you need to do is take off the right rear panel off the cargo area and drill (or dremel) a 1 1/16" hole in the premarked area. Then you look near the right hand floor support for the connector that is already there. Plug it in, and voila! There was no need for a relay or resistor or anything other than the socket.

I have a 2003 XC70.

Was hoping that it was that easy but something seems to be missing somewhere...