Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Well done

MGC & Kersti:

Congratulations for the 100K mark.

We all bought our OSD cars at same time if I recall. We're at 51K miles currently and car is running smoothly. Had a set of electronic modules replaced under warranty to fix a weird dashboard display issue but apart from this no real issuses.

Have had it serviced per Volvo's maintenance schedule and change oil every 5K miles (don't use synthetics). Oh, and I've been running 89 octane for about 2 years now.

New set of tires at the 49.5K mile mark - bought same as OEM tires as I like them.

My main complaint really is the poor MPG around town.

Car is now out of factory warranty so finger crossed at this time - but from your two reports I shouldn't have any worries, right ?

Take care fellow OSDers.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

MGC,

Congrats on the high mileage! We too have an '03, but only with half as many miles as you (circa 48K) that we purchased in Germany via Volvo Military Car Sales (so kinda pseudo OSD, I guess ). Our '03 has, quite frankly, been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. In fact, we were/are so pleased with the '03 that we bought an '07 model and picked it up last month. I hope both make it to the 100K mile mark. Congrats again!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Barry

We both took delivery of our cars on the OSD program the same day. Our 03 has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. It has seen a lot of freeway miles, carried large loads and at times has towed a 17' boat.

It's true the in city mileage could be better but I really can not complain. On long trips if I use cruse control I will get a consistent 26 mpg. With a mix of city and highway driving it is usually around 20 mpg. During the winter the mpg seems to be a little less.

I'm sure your car as well as Gary's and any XC70 will make it to 100k with few problems. I'm now looking forward to the 200k mark.

If I like the new body style on 08 XC70 I will probably wait until 09 and order another XC70 on the OSD program. We had such a good experience with the OSD program that in my opinion it was the best buying experience I had ever had with a car purchase.

Morrie (MGC)

Thumbs up Here's to your 200K mark

Quote Originally Posted by MGC View Post
    Barry

We both took delivery of our cars on the OSD program the same day. Our 03 has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. It has seen a lot of freeway miles, carried large loads and at times has towed a 17' boat.

It's true the in city mileage could be better but I really can not complain. On long trips if I use cruse control I will get a consistent 26 mpg. With a mix of city and highway driving it is usually around 20 mpg. During the winter the mpg seems to be a little less.

I'm sure your car as well as Gary's and any XC70 will make it to 100k with few problems. I'm now looking forward to the 200k mark.

If I like the new body style on 08 XC70 I will probably wait until 09 and order another XC70 on the OSD program. We had such a good experience with the OSD program that in my opinion it was the best buying experience I had ever had with a car purchase.

Morrie (MGC)
    How's the rope business going.

Here's to your 200K mark.

...and good luck with that '09 XC70. I'm holding judgement on it until I get to see it up front. It does sound it will have plenty of options and for the really adventurous types a big ole V8. I suspect it will have a large price overlap with the XC90 but then again it has a totally different look and more streamlined than today's XC70. The rear lights do look very intimidating as does the front end.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Quote Originally Posted by barrysharp View Post
    How's the rope business going.

...and good luck with that '09 XC70. I'm holding judgement on it until I get to see it up front. It does sound it will have plenty of options and for the really adventurous types a big ole V8. I suspect it will have a large price overlap with the XC90 but then again it has a totally different look and more streamlined than today's XC70. The rear lights do look very intimidating as does the front end.
    Berry

You bring up some good points and I agree this will be a car that needs to be seen in person before making a decision. If they are using the front end off the new 80 I think the smoother edges of the hood and lights will look great but I'm not sure if I like the bumper, grill and body cladding.

The 08 XC70 must have blue tooth as a standard feature as well as Ipod connections.

The engines options should be a great improvement for this car. This is one area I have felt our 03 has lacked. It just needs more power on the low end.

In the end it really comes down to price. If the new version is pushing the price range of a 90 then it might be time to shop around. There are a lot of very nice cars in that price range.

Oh by the way. The rope business has been good.

Morrie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123