Default Ocean Racing (Annapolis) - X-Sea Adventures

I just got it in the mail this evening. The Ocean Racing Package from Volvo... its is sooo tempting. The Annapolis $1200 adventure sounds very nice, the problem is I'd have to get another XC so its $1200 + OSD on an XC.

Baltimore is just up the road so we'll definately be stopping in to check in on the festivities.

Any other almost VOR takers, or REAL takers on the adventure?
    Last edited by MD-Daddy; 03-24-2006 at 08:00 PM.
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k

I SOOOOOO wanted a XC90 in the ORE. When we first started looking at the XC90 I found out about the ORE model comming out. Than I was told that OSD wasn't offered with this special model. We really wanted to do OSD again so we ordered our current XC90 in Ti Grey instead. Of course, than Volvo went and offered a "special" trip for this model. But this came out almost a year after we got our 05 XC90. But that is ok in my opinion, didn't want to pay the 46,000 USD for the car. But it would have been nice to have one. Maybe next time

Tom
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Cool EV Guy

BigTomHammer;
    I sat on the decision to go for the SUV for a whole year, anticipating that Volvo would do something special around the Ocean race. I was fortunate, and I just ordered a VOR-XC90, to be taken via OSD in June, and I'll be participating in their X-Sea Challenge Events. Had i not been able to get the VOR Edition, I would have probably gone with Titanium Grey also.
    We got our first Volvo in 2003 - it's a Titanium Grey S60-2.5T, and we acquired it via the OSD. (Cann't wait to do it again) We caught the winter special in 2003, and spent 2N in Goteborg, 3N in London. I'm going to try to tack-on a visit to stockholm before or after this June adventure.
    After I plunked down my deposit on the XC90 - I was happily informed that They are throwing in the Climate & Convenience Package - N/C.

I just found this forum -- I may dig up the photos from the 03 trip and post them here, and I certainly will post pics from our June excursion......

EVGuy

Wink EVGuy

MD-Daddy;
    I happen to be a real taker on the VOR-XC90, and will be getting it via OSD in Goteborg in June. (It will be my 2nd OSD; first was for a 2003 S60/2.5T)
    I'm very close to Baltimore, but it was explained to me by the OSD folks at Volvo's 1-800# that OSD pricing was not offered on the Baltimore/Annapolis delivery of the vehicle, so you'd be talking MSRP, less negotiations with Dealer, + the $1295.
    I'd rather get away from Baltimore on vacation anyway......but, like you, I will be tooling around the Inner Harbor and the City Dock when the boats are in port!
    (I had an email from the FDC in Goteborg today, and there are a few open slots for the X-Sea Challenge / OSD on the XC90 left.........
    (Just the bump-up to business class made it attractive for me - it's a long flight in economy class, & the Climate & Convenience Pkgs are being thrown in on the deal)

EVGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EVGuy
    BigTomHammer;
    I sat on the decision to go for the SUV for a whole year, anticipating that Volvo would do something special around the Ocean race. I was fortunate, and I just ordered a VOR-XC90, to be taken via OSD in June, and I'll be participating in their X-Sea Challenge Events. Had i not been able to get the VOR Edition, I would have probably gone with Titanium Grey also.
    We got our first Volvo in 2003 - it's a Titanium Grey S60-2.5T, and we acquired it via the OSD. (Cann't wait to do it again) We caught the winter special in 2003, and spent 2N in Goteborg, 3N in London. I'm going to try to tack-on a visit to stockholm before or after this June adventure.
    After I plunked down my deposit on the XC90 - I was happily informed that They are throwing in the Climate & Convenience Package - N/C.

I just found this forum -- I may dig up the photos from the 03 trip and post them here, and I certainly will post pics from our June excursion......

EVGuy
    We also got our first Volvo via OSD in Oct. 2003. It was nice to go in the summer that last time (July 2005). Congrats on your purchase BTW. I am very happy with our Titanium Grey one and we got a REALLY good deal on it. I couldn't see spending another 8,000 dollars for the ORE (ok I could see it but my wife couldn't ) but still wish we could have gotten one. Maybe next time we will. You never know.

Tom
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Thumbs up EVGuy

The first time around, I kept waiting for the "gotcha" on the OSD, but there was none. I still have friends that do not believe that you can cut 8-10%, on average, off the MSRP, and also get a trip to Europe.
    We determined there and then, that this would be the way we would purchase our vehicles from here on out -- we average 1 new vehicle every 3 years or so anyway. I haven't even picked up our XC90, and I'm pencilling in a trip in 2009-2010 to get the C70 hard-top convertible, assuming they have a successful long production run!
    Sounds like you are going to be a repeat OSD offender also - eh?
    I'm looking forward to summer in Sweden; I understand they have extra long hours of sunshine, and being at sea when the V70s come in from the Ocean Race should be fun also.............
    Maybe I'll see you over there at the FDC in the future?

EVGuy

I would love to go again! BUT, unless Volvo makes the V90 or a minivan, we won't be doing it again because I plan on keeping our current XC90 for MANY MANY years. But you never know. Would have to talk my wife into it again.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by EVGuy
    MD-Daddy;
    I happen to be a real taker on the VOR-XC90, and will be getting it via OSD in Goteborg in June.

EVGuy

EVGuy,
    Looking forward to reading your TripReport!

MDD
    (rural as in Mt Airy)
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k