Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrolier
    Please pardon my jumping in here.

I have some close friends in Sweden and a friend in Volvo engineering. I am new to the forum. Can I be of any help in finding out what's going on?
    Absolutely NO need to apologise, that's how interesting threads get started. We've all got to get started somewhere. Soooo anything you can do will be welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrolier
    Ford had promised NOT to interfere with the Volvo line, but I sense from the tone of this thread many (myself now included) fear Ford is asserting a 'big brother' hand in Volvo.
    It is worrying that Ford may dumbdown Volvo's products. On the other hand there is much to be gained by Volvo because it gives this small manufacturer access to advanced technology at a reasonable cost. I believe that the introduction of the Haldex transmission was due to Ford's purchasing power.

That said, any such big brother relationship has to be managed carefully - from both ends of the parent / child relationship.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

4 car in the UK claims on its website that the production version of the Volvo WC first seen at the Geneva show in 03 will be announces for MY07. the XC50 waits a year.

Volvo V90
    A production version of the VVC concept estate based on the new S80 and twin to the next-generation Ford Freestyle station wagon/SUV crossover (US-only). It will be four-wheel drive, in a similar vein to Subaru Legacy Outback, Audi allroad etc.
    Concept car: Volvo VVC (Geneva 2003)

If true putting this thread under xc50 is beginning to look silly, looks too like the xc70 will be allowed to fade away....

Edmunds on the other hand....has this

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=107413
    Last edited by v70+xc70; 04-10-2006 at 07:31 PM.
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

Thumbs down bad luck then on the XC50

Rumour has it that the 'new' XC90 shown in New York (this week's auto show) will be unveiled in the UK in July, so I guess we will have to wait a little longer on news on an other XC models in the pipeline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12