Default Steering noises & tweaked bumpers

I've started hearing a slight noise, (sounds like a power steering whine) when I'm turning to the left, from a dead stop and under normal driving, but it doesn't seem to be doing it as much when I'm turning to the right. I haven't
    checked the power steering fluid yet, I'll do that tonight, and I'm
    praying that's what the problem is.
    Also, I was hit from behind waiting at a light, last week, and the rear bumper
    is kind of tweaked. There's no damage to the bumper itself, so I was hoping, with a little work, I could get the bumper back to it's original position. Any thoughts on these situations would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Left turn noise

I had a left turn noise on my 1998 XC70. It was sort of a subtle grinding vibration. It turned out to be a broken engine mount on the right side. They had to remove the mount to notice it. Wheel bearings seem to cause similar turning problems but I would check the mount first. It is much less expensive.
    Steven
    2007 XC90 V8
    1998 V70XC
    1992 245

I had this problem recently but only hard left turns. Had me stumped for a while but it was indeed low PS fluid. duh! Stupid leaky crimp clamp hoses, what was Volvo thinking?

Thanks for the responses. It was indeed the low PS fluid, that
    was the cause of all the whining. Maybe a little less than a half a quart of fluid, and the noise is gone.
    The story with the rear bumper is it's as easy as pulling the 2 main bolts, @ the ends of the bumper underneath, and taking out the screws @ the rear mudflaps. I took the bumper off, to reveal the 2 brackets that are connected to the frame, which were bent to beyond recognition. I took those off hammered them back into something that resembled a bracket, and reinstalled the bumper. Easy, peasy, japanesey. Sorry, about the lame movie quotes, but it feels really good when a DIY project works out, the way you hope it would.

Default Left turn power steering noice

I am just now getting my 2000xc back from the dealer. I had a noise when making left turns, the first time the dealer thought it was low fluid and a loose clamp. I got the car back and, on the way home the noise returned . I took it back only to find that the power steering pump had to be replaced. Now, over $600 later, I am finally getting my car back. A little disappointed they did not diagnose the problem and fix the first time, but, hope I am out of the woods with this now.

P.s. The same thing happened during this same time with my wife's 04 xc and it was a loose calmp and low on fluid, read this site and found that to be a common problem.