Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nautic Cruiser
    You said your front rotors were "11 inches or so". Is it possible that they were 11.25"? Just curious. I have found a site saying that the Zimmerman replacement rotors for the '02 are either 285 (11.25") or 305mm (11-7/8 or 12"). Most of the descriptions I have seen say 280 (11") or 305mm so I am getting confused.

Queens, New York City, United States Of America

I bought my rotors from fcp a few months ago for my 00 v70xc. Front rotors were brembo, the rear I had some trouble with scott at fcp he gave me the wrong size rotors and had to go back and get the right ones, so far no problems I get a lot of brake dust, ppl tell me cause the pads are oem, and aftermarket leaves very little dust.
    TyranT
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S CVT
    HID 6000k,LED'S 20% tint
    2000 Volvo V70XC AWD (SOLD)
    HID Lows/Fogs 6000k, 50%/35% tint, Dual Exhaust, Speedtuning ECU upgrade
    1997 Volvo 965 - 50%/35% tint
    1997 Nissan Altima HID 6000k/ Intake

Hi, I just joined this forum, looking for info on doing a brake job on my 2000 V70XC. Lot's of great info.
    I just ordered from FCP Gorton: front rotors (Zimmerman), rear rotors (OEM), and pads all around (Mintex). I wanted to get everything from one supplier, and they only had OEM rotors for the rear that fit my car.

I do have one question - when I took the rear wheel off to measure the rotor I noticed there is a single nut in the center of the rotor to remove, anyone know what size that is? I have a 15/16 socket and that was too small, so it's got to be an inch or more (more likely metric, right). Are there any other special tools needed to remove the rear rotors?

I hope these parts come within a week, as I am overdue for my 90k service and I want to get the brakes done myself before I take it in.

SMS

Quote Originally Posted by SMS V70XCer
    Hi, I just joined this forum, looking for info on doing a brake job on my 2000 V70XC. Lot's of great info.
    I just ordered from FCP Gorton: front rotors (Zimmerman), rear rotors (OEM), and pads all around (Mintex). I wanted to get everything from one supplier, and they only had OEM rotors for the rear that fit my car.

I do have one question - when I took the rear wheel off to measure the rotor I noticed there is a single nut in the center of the rotor to remove, anyone know what size that is? I have a 15/16 socket and that was too small, so it's got to be an inch or more (more likely metric, right). Are there any other special tools needed to remove the rear rotors?

I hope these parts come within a week, as I am overdue for my 90k service and I want to get the brakes done myself before I take it in.

SMS
    Should be a 10mm nut. Brembo OEM replacement rear rotors come with new fixing screws. The replacement screws are allen hex head.
    2001 XC70

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman
    Should be a 10mm nut. Brembo OEM replacement rear rotors come with new fixing screws. The replacement screws are allen hex head.
    It looks like a 10mm nut on the front rotor, but the rear one is much larger. Anyone know what size the rear rotor nut is?

SMS

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

The screw head size for the rear drive shaft/wheel hub looks to be 14mm.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS V70XCer
    It looks like a 10mm nut on the front rotor, but the rear one is much larger. Anyone know what size the rear rotor nut is?

SMS
    Weird...my '01 has the same size (10mm) on both front & rear.
    2001 XC70

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12