Question Volvo versus Third Party Extended Warantee

OK, before it is suggested I "search" for the multitude of threads on this subject .... I aready have, and have read what are mostly opinions on whether one should get any extended warrantee at all.

But, let me just cut to the chase on that subject and say that I understand the various opinions of extended warrantee "value" and I think that it is very much a personal choice, and I am firmly in the "I like extended warrantees" camp

So there, that's settled ... as I don't mean to start yet another extended warrantee value thread(referred to as YAEWVT from this point forward )

Heh, ok... well anyway. Seriously, what I really am interested in some feedback on though, is; has anyone done any in depth research into comparing the extended warrantee(s) Volvo offers in North America, versus some highly-rated third party outfits like Warranee Direct?

I am especially curious to hear what the Volvo or third party warrantees tend not to cover, especially specific examples/experience.

I suspect I'll pick up one of these warrantees in the next year, so I wanted to start researching this and not end up buying coverage that turns out to have lots of exceptions, loopholes, or otherwise is not user-friendly when needed.

Thanks in advance

al
    2004 XC70 Ice White Exterior, Brown/Taupe Interior
    --------------------------------------------------
    - Premium Package
    - Versatility Package
    - No Touring Package but...
    -- Added IAQS
    -- Added Homelink
    - DSTC
    - Xenia Wheels/Pirelli STR
    - Reverse Warning
    - Rear Skid Plate

I personally don't care for extended warrantee regardless of whether provided by Volvo or a third-party. Instead, I went with this thing called "Mechanical Breakdown Insurance" (MBI) coverage that is cheaper than purchasing extended warrantees and with better coverage. I have this through Geico, and it even covers things that Volvo's warranty doesn't. I don't know, though, whether MBI is offered only to new(er) cars...

So it might be something to look into as an alternative.
    '05 XC70 Crystal Green - DSTC - 6CD Changer - Rear Park Assist - Third Row - Integrated Booster - Nokian WR - Thule Evolution 1600 on Wing Profile. Photos of XC70: http://sys-2005volvoxc70.blogspot.com/ Travel Photos: http://my-traveling-photolog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SYS
    I personally don't care for extended warrantee regardless of whether provided by Volvo or a third-party. Instead, I went with this thing called "Mechanical Breakdown Insurance" (MBI) coverage that is cheaper than purchasing extended warrantees and with better coverage. I have this through Geico, and it even covers things that Volvo's warranty doesn't. I don't know, though, whether MBI is offered only to new(er) cars...

So it might be something to look into as an alternative.
    Now that's interesting, and something I haven't heard of before... hrmmm, may have to check with State Farm on that
    2004 XC70 Ice White Exterior, Brown/Taupe Interior
    --------------------------------------------------
    - Premium Package
    - Versatility Package
    - No Touring Package but...
    -- Added IAQS
    -- Added Homelink
    - DSTC
    - Xenia Wheels/Pirelli STR
    - Reverse Warning
    - Rear Skid Plate

It is my understanding that not all auto insurance carriers provide MBI, so yes, definitely check with the State Farm. If not, change to Geico!!

I was thrilled when my auto insurance premium actually went down, even with the MBI coverage thrown in for 7 years, when I got my XC70 a few months ago. Geico has been so good to me that I trust them with the MBI coverage. It's a nice feeling that I have a peace of mind for the next 7 years.
    '05 XC70 Crystal Green - DSTC - 6CD Changer - Rear Park Assist - Third Row - Integrated Booster - Nokian WR - Thule Evolution 1600 on Wing Profile. Photos of XC70: http://sys-2005volvoxc70.blogspot.com/ Travel Photos: http://my-traveling-photolog.blogspot.com/