Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cossie1600
    I actually have to back the original poster on this one. While we might all drive the same car (or did), but it doesnt mean we all have to like it. I bought my Volvo because I knew how it saved my gf's life. I know that repairs are expensive and they are not as reliable as Japanese car, but I do respect opinions from those who doesnt like it. If I dont like what they say, I simply dont look at the thread or respond to it. There is no need to be pissed at him just because he doesnt agree with you.

I have a Nissan 350Z that is a nightmare too, I trash Nissan every chance I get. All Nissan owners hate me, but so be it.

Thanks Cossie1600,
    Finally someone with common sense.

My intention with the post was not to piss anybody. I knew I would rough some feathers. But originally I wanted to:

• express my feeling about the car. I was really upset by the outcome of owning a Volvo. My complaints are legitimate.
    • forums are a great way for potential buyers to make decisions about buying cars. I wished I read this forum when I bought my Volvo, I would probably look for something else.
    • Find out if people out there had the same problems.
    • and finally (not holding my breath to this one) wish Volvo North America and San Diego dealership would read it and hopefully not take for granted their customers. Work to find new ways to improve the car and the ownership experience.

I apologize for the ones who felt offended. I know a lot of the readers are polite and educate people who can discern what they are reading. Unfortunately, others ones just want to call names and not accept constructive criticism.

Cheers and good luck with your cars.

I feel the same way about my Nissan. My situation is a little different, but close enough that I feel your pain. I promised myself that I would dedicate my free time to make sure no one buys another Nissan. I have been banned many times for speaking against Nissan by the Z owners, but I couldnt give a flying f. I will take my fight elsewhere, be it on the internet, TV or whatever.

Sorry about your problems with the Volvo, better luck on your next ride

Quote Originally Posted by gugy
    Thanks Cossie1600,
    Finally someone with common sense.

My intention with the post was not to piss anybody. I knew I would rough some feathers. But originally I wanted to:

• express my feeling about the car. I was really upset by the outcome of owning a Volvo. My complaints are legitimate.
    • forums are a great way for potential buyers to make decisions about buying cars. I wished I read this forum when I bought my Volvo, I would probably look for something else.
    • Find out if people out there had the same problems.
    • and finally (not holding my breath to this one) wish Volvo North America and San Diego dealership would read it and hopefully not take for granted their customers. Work to find new ways to improve the car and the ownership experience.

I apologize for the ones who felt offended. I know a lot of the readers are polite and educate people who can discern what they are reading. Unfortunately, others ones just want to call names and not accept constructive criticism.

Cheers and good luck with your cars.

Quote Originally Posted by gugy
    Unfortunately, others ones just want to call names and not accept constructive criticism.
    Show me ONE word in your post that remotely approaches constructive.

I'm no fool and no sucker for Volvos. I bought this car AFTER reading this and similar forums. I'm glad they're here, and l do like informative posts about problems...those that I can gain something from...and as for your post: I stand by my replies. I get PO'd by negative naysayers like you.

Again, please go away.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RedXC
    Go buy the Japanese brand always if you so dislike Volvos. Volvos are actually one of the easiest cars I've worked on. And yes European cars are expensive to fix. Next time consider bringing the Volvo into a indepedent shop which is cheaper than dealers.

Also, complaint it to Volvo Cars of North America instead of coming to volvoxc.com and compainting to true Volvo for life owners.
    I do have to say for a European car, the Volvos are actually one of the easier cars to work on. They are like a typical Japanese car with the sideway motor setup

Quote Originally Posted by 16Victor
    Show me ONE word in your post that remotely approaches constructive.

I'm no fool and no sucker for Volvos. I bought this car AFTER reading this and similar forums. I'm glad they're here, and l do like informative posts about problems...those that I can gain something from...and as for your post: I stand by my replies. I get PO'd by negative naysayers like you.

Again, please go away.
    Take it easy. No need to get pissed off just because you dont agree with what he said.

Default Why oh why

I have been posting here for almost a year now and cannot and do not understand why people get so offended when a frustrated person (read gugy) vents on his experiences with Volvo. I have a 99 S70 that has had to have the ETM replaced 3 times in the last 19 months. Only the last two were covered under warranty. This last one because of the big extended warranty. I had to pay 1200 to fix the original. Not to mention other pricey repairs.

I can empathize with gugy and certainly share is frustration with volvo. I am going to trade mine in as soon as I can afford it and you guys won't here from me again, but bcause I still own one, I am going to continue to post. Again, why is someone so ill treated when they post frustrating experiences. I owned a 93 MB 190 that was about half the cost to maintain as my volvo has been. I have posted questions, concernes, likes, dislikes, and so on. That is what makes a forum a forum. If this were just a fan site then rename it the volvo Kiss Ass club and not a forum.

Again, just my opinion and unless the admin finds what I write offensive, then I have the right to post it.
    Case closed!!

Quote Originally Posted by 16Victor
    Dude, like I said, that's WHY these forums exist, to share our problems and our fixes. WE KNOW what the problems are. We DISCUSS them here.

You sign up to the forums and your FIRST and only post was that whiny turd above. What's the point? What good did it do? It made you look like an ass, if that's good. As I said, WE ALREADY KNOW what's going on...I'm a freaking newbie here and I know that.

That said, please leave quietly. Your presence will not be missed. Go join an Acura forum.

PS Waaaaahhh.
    You are unbelievable .... he has just as much right to post here as you do.

In his first post he discussed many things before coming to the conclusion that Volvo quality, safety and service were sub-standard. I have had similar experiences and sadly share the same conclusion he has.

You, on the other hand, have done nothing but spout your venomous rage. You are intolerant and incorrectly feel your opinion is the only one that matters .... you are the ass.
    Ex-C70 owner
    ---------------
    VEXED

Lighten up everybody for the sake of a great new year....

Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

Thanks guys for your support!

16Victor is just a child who doesn't accept other people point of view. He or she is definitely not an asset to this forum. I am done replying to his or hers childish comments.

Grow up!
    Last edited by gugy; 01-04-2006 at 03:54 PM.

I have been banned from all the Z boards for trashing the car, so I know the feeling. I am on the same shoe, I am stuck with the car until it makes financial sense to get rid of it. I have more of a customer service issue than mechanical issue on the Nissan, so I guess it is different

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast