Default Overseas Delivery Program for Model Year 2006

New information about the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program was released on Friday, April 22, 2005. This info arrived sooner than I had expected.

Here is an update on the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program:

It is no longer possible to custom order a Model Year 2005 Volvo via the Overseas Delivery Program, but there are still a good number of pre-built vehicles available at the factory. These cars can be picked up in Sweden in as little as four weeks. There are some great specials available on many of these pre-built cars. Please contact me if you would like one of these Volvo's.

Model Year 2006 Introduction

The Volvo Overseas Delivery Program is now introducing Model Year 2006 (excluding the XC90, S60R & V70R) vehicles. These new model year cars can be picked up in Europe as early as July, 2005. The product line up has been slightly repositioned with price adjustments on all models as well as content increase on some. Only the Tourist Program pricing is currently available but pricing for Diplomat, Military and Expatriate Programs is expected in the next two weeks.

The S60 R, V70 R and XC90 Model Year 2006 Overseas Delivery Program pricing will be available in June with pickup dates starting in mid August, 2005.

Below are some highlights of the Model Year 2006 changes:

S40 / V50

Standard Features:
    * 6 Speed Manual transmission will have a "Push down" function to engage reverse gear
    * New logic for Rear Seat Belt reminder - activated by any belt in rear seat instead of rear doors
    * New straight Polished Exhaust End Pipes on T5 and T5 AWD
    * New, improved cup holders
    * New 16" Cursa Wheel standard on T5
    * 16" Caligo Wheel standard on 2.4i

Packages / Options:
    * New, simplified Package and Option structure for S40 and V50 models
    * Audio Controls in Steering Wheel standard on 2.4i
    * IAQS - Air Quality System available as stand alone option
    * New 17" Scotia Wheel in T5 and T5 AWD Dynamic Trim Package

Colors:
    * New Premium Color available - Electric Silver for additional cost of $625
    * New Brilliant Blue Metallic
    * Mistral Green deleted
    * Safari Green deleted

S60

S60 2.4
    * This model is no longer available in Model Year 2006.

S60 2.5T
    * The Convenience Package now includes Sunglass Holder, Rear Park Assist , and Laminated Windows
    * Sport Body Package is deleted for this model
    * Lunar Gold (469) replaces Ash Gold (446)
    * Willow Green (471) replaces Platinum Green (449)

S60 2.5T AWD
    * New 16" Echo wheel (7 X 16" 49mm) replaces 16" Eurus wheel thus giving the AWD model a different wheel than the FWD model.
    * New Haldex All-Wheel Drive with Instant Traction
    * Sport Body Package is deleted for this model

S60 T-5
    * New 18" Eudora alloy wheel replaces more the expensive 18" two piece Nebula wheel

V70

V70 T5
    * Automatic models are deleted for Model Year 2006.

V70 2.4
    * 16" Echo wheels (7 x 16" 49 mm) replace 15" Saurus wheels as standard equipment.
    * The Convenience Package now includes Power Child Locks, Sunglass Holder and Park Assist Rear.
    * 17" Thor wheels (000528) available as a stand alone option.
    * Lunar Gold (469) replaces Ash Gold (446).
    * Willow Green (471) replaces Platinum Green (449).

V70 2.5T
    * 16" Eurus wheels replace 16" Mimas wheels as standard equipment.
    * 17" Orpheus wheels (000656) available as stand alone option.
    * The Convenience Package now includes Power Child Locks, Sunglass Holder and Park Assist Rear.
    * Willow Green (471) replaces Platinum Green (449).

S80

S80 T6 and T6 Premier
    * These models are not available for Model Year 2006.

S80 2.5T and AWD
    * The standard specifications of the S80 2.5T and AWD have been greatly enhanced for Model Year 2006.
    * The former Premium package (moonroof, leather seats, wood trim and passenger power seat) and the Sport Package (17" alloy wheels, and T6 sport seats) are now standard equipment for Model Year 2006.
    * The former T6 alloy wheel (17" Stentor) is now the standard wheel for 2.5T and AWD
    * 18" Capella wheel is a stand-alone option.
    * Both the 2.5T FWD and AWD will feature the more upscale T6 "Watch-Dial" instrument cluster
    * New Willow Green (471) replaces Platinum Green (449) and Crystal Green (456)

XC70

* New Haldex All-Wheel Drive with Instant Traction.
    * The Convenience Package now includes Power Child Locks, Sunglass Holder, Park Assist Rear, Tinted Rear Windows and 40/20/40 Split Folding Rear Seat.
    * Four-C setting information appears in the Driver Information Menu (if equipped).
    * Willow Green (471) replaces Crystal Green (456).

Model Year 2006 Specifications

Click the links below for 2006 Model Year Specifications and Prices via Overseas Delivery:

2006 S40 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/S40MY06.pdf

2006 S60 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/S60MY06.pdf

2006 S80 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/S80MY06.pdf

2006 V50 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/V50MY06.pdf

2006 V70 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/V70MY06.pdf

2006 XC70 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/XC70MY06.pdf

The earliest pickup in Sweden of Model Year 2006 Overseas Delivery Program vehicles will be in July for all models excluding the S60R, V70R, and XC90, which will become available in mid August. If you desire a Volvo for pickup in Europe in May, June or July please ask me about one of our pre-built Model Year 2005 vehicles. There are some extra savings on many of these pre-built cars.

William
    Last edited by William; 04-24-2005 at 02:57 PM.
    Go on a Journey for Life...
    " See Europe by Volvo "
    Click to take the first step

Quote Originally Posted by William
    New information about the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program was released on Friday, April 22, 2005. This info arrived sooner than I had expected.

Here is an update on the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program:

2006 XC70 Overseas Delivery Program Specifications and Prices - http://www.flyvolvo.com/XC70MY06.pdf

William

William, thanks for this info on the '06 XC70. I am very glad to see that Volvo is bringing the 4C option to the USA market and also glad to see that DSTC seems to be no longer tied to having to buy the Premium Package.
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Gary,

You are welcome. I agree on the DSTC. It should not have been linked to the Premium Package.

William
    " See Europe by Volvo "

Default Willow Green Metallic

William,

You seem to be in touch with what is going on with the 2006 OSD program and the new XC70s. I am trying to find a color chart for the new color Willow Green Metallic that is now available on the 2006 XC70. Do you have a photo or graphic you can send me that shows what this color looks like? Is there anyone out there that knows what this color looks like? Our Utah dealer had no clue. The dealer did have a V60 in the new Lunar Gold Metalic. The color is lighter than the Ash Gold, and almost a tan color.

Any help would be great!

Default Willow Green

Unfortunately Volvo has not released any samples of the new Willow Green. I have several people curious as to what it looks like. I hope to have something in the next few weeks.

William
    " See Europe by Volvo "