Default Imported post

Just noticed this... on the XC we have an extra metal moulding on the bottom and front edge of the rear window, ad the V70 has it on the top and front edge... guess it's to give the XC a little tougher lines, and to visually raise the profile of the car? I dunno, I thought it was interesting.

While I'm at it, anyone else notice this piece tends to be a bit of a magnet for dirt and moss?
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Talking Imported post

Hey Coastal,
    As you see V70 XC has got a signal right of the wheel, but V70' signal is on the strip near the wheel.:O I noticed it just now.
    02 ashgold Volvo V70 XC
    00 blackberry Volvo S 40
    06 white Mercedes C180K

Default Imported post

I ordered a parts list from the net, when i was doing the stereo thing, it was interesting.  

The "xc" section was set apart when the cars were different.

It'd be possible to convert a V70XC into a V70 2.4T AWD and vice versa with little difficulty.    Of course would it be worth the cost?   Great way to spend a whole lot of money just to ruin the value of the car.

I'd consider getting rid of the "easily scratched" handle bar in the console like the V70 has.    No one has ever held onto it, and it seems to be easily scraped and made ugly very quickly (and with the 2002 version of the part, so you have the nifty cupholder)

I'd also think about getting the other rear window piece, since i like the larger look of the rear windows in the standard V70.      

Someone once commented about "my suv", and my reply was that it's not an SUV.  It's a station wagon with some plastic body panels.   Cause really, that's what it is.    

THe plastic body panels are great in the city, folks slam into your car while parking and no worries about scratches.    I just wish the sides were more protected at door height.
    Trish -- 2001 V70 XC, Polar Arctic Blue

Default Imported post

I am surprised that you don't like the handle, I find it great. When I am driving a kurve a little faster people sitting beside me are looking for a handle. In all other cars they use the one above the door which is not really comfortable. So I think the handle in the middle is a great invention.

Saab had a special handle in the doors when they were more active in rallye sports. This handle was placed that the passenger didn't use it with his right but with his left hand. So the complete body was fixed with just the grip of one hand. This was the best handle for frontseat passengers I have ever seen.

Default Imported post

trysha
    I don't think that the rear quarter panel window on the V70 is any much bigger than that of the XC70. In the vertical direction, the window is just moved up on the XC. The trim is on the bottom as opposed to the V70 has the trim on the top.  The trim on the front does look bigger on the XC making the window look slightly longer though.  
    What I like about the V70 window is that the lines on the quarter panel window match that of the other side windows.