February Premium and Versatility Package offer on pre-built STOCK vehicles...

Volvo is offering the Premium package for free on all pre-built STOCK Overseas Delivery Program cars, except for the XC90, which are picked up in Europe in February 2005 only. On the pre-built STOCK XC90's, Volvo will offer the Versatility package for free. These pre-built cars can be picked up in Europe in as soon as 4 weeks. This offer is valid on new pre-built STOCK orders from January 7, 2005, for pickup in Europe in February only. Please contact me as soon as possible for information on the available vehicles.

Overseas Delivery Program price increase...

Effective with orders received by February 1, 2005, all Volvo Overseas Delivery Program prices will increase by 1% to keep pace with Volvo Cars of North America's (VCNA) price increase that took effect on January 1, 2005. Please keep this in mind if you are thinking about placing an order.

Overseas Delivery Program Volvo XC90 V8 models...

There are VERY FEW spots left for ordering an XC90 V8 via the Overseas Delivery Program. Because of the limited number of units left... if you are thinking about getting one, please act NOW ! Email or call me if you have any questions about the XC90 V8. I had the opportunity to drive the XC90 V8 on and off road at the Arizona Proving Grounds in December and was extremely impressed with the performance of Volvo's first V8 powered car.

Volvo Factory closing for retooling...

I have recently been informed that the Volvo Factory will be closed for re-tooling between April 11th and August 8th, 2005. This means that Volvo will not be able to offer the factory tour during this period. They are currently working very hard on alternative solutions and I will have more information in the next 4 - 8 weeks. It is very important that you take this into account when placing an order and when you will be taking delivery in Goteborg, Sweden during the closure, to avoid being disappointed.

Important Volvo Overseas Delivery Program information...

Volvo has asked me to reiterate that it is of UTMOST importance that customers ship their car back to the U.S. within the 6 month time frame as stipulated in the Overseas Delivery Program order contract

If you fail to do so, Volvo will be forced by the Swedish tax authority to charge the customer the Swedish VAT (tax). The Swedish VAT is 25% of the purchase price in Swedish krona (SEK) and is equivalent to about $10,500 on a base XC90 V8 for example.

It is VERY important you understand this as there have been recent incidents where people have tried to sell their Volvo Overseas Delivery Program cars in Europe. This is illegal and, as a consequence, Volvo will be forced to charge the owner on file the 25% VAT if the cars are not dropped off for shipment to the U.S. within 6 months of the pickup date in Europe. Please note that this rule applies to any car purchased through the Volvo Overseas Delivery Tourist program. As of January 1, 2005, the Volvo Home Shipment program is only valid for 6 months on a Tourist car, instead of the previous 3 year period.

Volvo Overseas Delivery Program Winter Travel Offer...

For the winter of 2004 & 2005 Volvo Overseas Delivery will be offering customers a side trip to either Barcelona, Spain or London, England.

Each destination is priced very attractively at $495 for 2 persons which adds to the already great value of the Overseas Delivery Program. For customers choosing the Barcelona destination we strongly recommend to travel to Barcelona first and then to Gothenburg to avoid a long lay-over in Copenhagen. The offer is valid for customers picking up their cars no earlier than October 1, 2004 with the U.S. return flight starting no later than April 29, 2005.

More information on the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program and the Winter Travel Offer can be found at: http://www.flyvolvo.com

William