Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heated seats

Default heated seats

haven't been on the site in quite some time.....but I do recall that the lousy heated seats on the 04 xc70 are well known to volvo owners...now that winter has arrived again, I'm reminded that they don't get very warm. When we purchased the car last winter, I had complained and asked the local dealer to turn up the heat through the computer system, but they wanted to charge me $70 to do it...so I refused.

Has anything changed in the meantime, ie, is Volvo admitting they stink and are now doing for free some sort of upgrade?

thanks all....>JF

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

In our case, our dealer handled this and several other Vadis updates free of charge at our first servicing. We had the seats turned up to the maximum setting and they are toasty warm. No complaints whatsoever.

Recognize you are peeved, but their warming capacity is just fine (gets to -30 C regularly out here). I'd suggest you try again and, if necessary, fork out the $70, since the seats are exceptionally comfortable. Might as well have it the way you want it.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

I purchased a 2005 XC70 two weeks ago and have used my heated seats almost everyday (I'm in northern Vermont). If anything, they got a little to WARM. The coldest day so far was in the low 20's but tonight it's dropping to the single digits so tomorrow morning should be a good test.

I'll let you know how it works.

Default Frying...

Quote Originally Posted by MLPVT
    I purchased a 2005 XC70 two weeks ago and have used my heated seats almost everyday (I'm in northern Vermont). If anything, they got a little to WARM. The coldest day so far was in the low 20's but tonight it's dropping to the single digits
    Not very far from you, in Sherbrooke Québec, and it was already -20ºC at 10pm yesterday when I came back home! And my seats are cookin' ! I'm always surprised to hear from other members about the inefficiency of heated seats... Something wrong here . Maybe Volvo seats are not all created equal...
    Last edited by Raynald; 12-05-2004 at 11:55 PM.
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

WOW, you are VERY close. I'm in Burlington and would guess that you have been at least once before? Maybe to the lake here ?

I'm learning a LOT on this forum, especially about being able to adjust things via software updates that I thought were set in concrete when the car was manufactured, like the heated seats?. Have you checked with your dealer to see if they can be adjusted more to your liking ? Let me know cuz winter is just getting started and the coldest is yet to come.

Lightbulb From Igloo to inferno...

I can almost cross the border to Vermont on foot ! But not tonight!

Seat temp can be set via VADIS to 43ºC (109ºF). Mine are still at factory spec, and they work just fine for me even at -40º. Less than two minutes is all it takes to warm the seat to the comfort level, then I usually turn it off. More then that, and it becomes too warm, even hot and quite frankly uncomfortable IMO.
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

I have an '01...the seats seem to heat up hot enough for me. Is this a problem with the newer models?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipper22
    I have an '01...the seats seem to heat up hot enough for me. Is this a problem with the newer models?
    There have been several ppl with 04s that have complained the heaters weren't hot enough. My 01 seems perfect.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Raynald and MLPVT

Well dang nab it, ten years ago I used to live right between Sherbrooke and Burlington. Had a place on Lake Champlain right on the border of Quebec and Vermont. Oh those were the good old days (15 years of them)!

The '04 heated seats on late model cars work just fine folks. I think some members may have received their cars with the settings at the lowest threshold. These can be changed with a Vadis upgrade (free in my case). The difference was really remarkable - nice and toasty warm at this point.

Cheers to both you guys. Beautiful part of the country you both live in ...

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Default Mine is fine

I am mostly running mine on a lower setting - maximum is too hot for me.
    2004 Volvo XC70
    2012 Volvo XC60 T6
    2018 Volvo XC90 T5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast