Thumbs up My First Sighting - XC70 Ocean Race

Just saw an XC70 Ocean Race on East 18th Street in Manhattan... Nice color!

Car really stood out on the street. Great "curb appeal." Now I know why y'all rave about them.

(Dunno the year, but it had the bright plastic/aluminum colored front skid plate.)

<making note to self... must start carrying flyers>
    2000 V70 XC SE - Nautic Blue/Beige - Nokians and a bunch of other goodies. VCOA & volvoxc.com stickers.

Default Ocean Race

Hi
    Great sighting! So far the only ORE's will be 2002's. The next step is to glance at the passenger side dash. You will find a number plate saying ### of 650. When you do, let me know.
    Ocean 506

Default Just bought 301/650

My wife and I just picked up 2002 ORE #301 at auction as a lease return from Volvo Finance. The car is in great shape but the prior owner didn't leave anything in the car. So no manuals, no fridge, no autographed book. I don't even know what we're missing since I don't have a list of what the model comes with. Manuals are on order but we're still debating whether to spring $300 for the fridge. I'd like to get the integral booster seats too but I'm not sure they'll fit with the 40/20/40 seat.

/mjp

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Thumbs up Great Choice.

Welcome to the site and congrats mjp!

OR Blue has got to be one of the more desirable shades and is always a head turner. Sorry to hear about the missing goods. Other than what you had mentioned, you can also access a list of OR specific items here.

....and just so you don’t have to wait for your hard copy of the owners manual, here is a link to the online version.

There was also some discussion a while back in regards to retrofitting the child booster seats, but I’m not quite certain whether or not a definitive answer was ever reached. Best to check with your dealer.

More in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mjpatterson
    I'd like to get the integral booster seats too but I'm not sure they'll fit with the 40/20/40 seat.

/mjp
    I have an '03 XC70 with the 40/20/40 seat and integral booster seats. I ordered it that way from the factory so they do fit -- just don't know if a Volvo dealer can put these in (I was lead to believe it was a factory item). Best to check with the thread that Art has pointed you to. Good luck with the car!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Default 2002 Ore

My wife and I bought a 2002 Ocean Race. I loved the car so much I just bought myself a 2005 XC with all of the packages. Good cars.

For those that might be interested our ORE is number 43 (I think) of 100. Only 100 released in Canada apparently.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Contrats on your purchase Netix and welcome to the community!

Care to give us a clue as to your location?

Talk about doubling your pleasure....less than a handful here, if that, are fortunate enough to have twins in their stable. Forum member Stu in Oregon is the first who comes to mind.

Be sure to post pics of your new ride....if you ever get the chance!
    Last edited by Art; 01-05-2005 at 12:28 AM.

Default Welcome to the (small) crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Netix
    For those that might be interested our ORE is number 43 (I think) of 100. Only 100 released in Canada apparently.
    I am always surprised at the number of these cars I see. The most recent was on Lake Ridge Road heading up to Uxbridge on Jan 1st. Was that someone on this group?

The most I have seen in a single day was about 4, all on separate highways, and it was a couple of years ago, when they were new.

I think #43 was originally sold in Waterloo?

I once thought it would be fun to get all the ORE's i could find together for a group photo .....
    Andrew
    2002 Volvo XC70 Ocean Race Edition, #1/100 (past ride)
    '05 V70AWD, Sport package, Titanium Grey/Graphite (Retiring at 300,000 km)
    2004 XC70, Nautic Blue (picking it up tomorow!)

Regarding the fridge for the VOR....

We broke three lids on the original fridge, all replaced under warranty. The last time the fridge was replaced, I noticed that the lid latch had been redesigned. So far, it's working.

Is it worth $300? I dunno. It's kind of neat, but you do lose the center seat when in use. A cooler with ice may be easier since you can take it with you and most are better shaped to hold things than the Volvo cool box. If we take a trip where we know we'll have to haul a fifth person somewhere along the way, the cool box stays home and we use a cooler. If you do get the fridge, you'll also need the barrier that goes between the seat backs. That item is rather handy until you need to fold the seats forward, then it's a pain.

My $0.2

Tod.
    '02 V70 XC Ocean Race #271
    '05 XC90 2.5T Crystal Green - gone